PDA

View Full Version : Brown Trout caught near Genessee!!!

HOSSTONE1
06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Exciting day on the river today!

Ended up catching a 22" brown trout in the North Sask. River near Genessee. Fought really hard and I just about s**t myself when it surfaced! Its a little out of its jurisdiction I would say! I phoned the Fish and Feathers and he told me that was only the second one he had heard of being caught around here. I have a video to prove it but am clueless on posting it to the forum.

Anyone else hear of fish like this being caught nearby???

Lund rebel
06-21-2013, 06:45 AM
I beleive someone posted last week or so caught one near Edmonton on the other side of town ill see if I can dig it up.

Cool either way, I grew up by Genessee and only ever caught goldeye

FisherPotch
06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Heard of one down stream of fort sask many many moons ago. Very cool tho thanks for sharing

angler1
06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
We catch a few every year not far upstream from where the Brazeau runs in. Jetboats are the easiest, but if you have good maps and a pickup you can also reach these special places. Go west of highway 22 roughly west Rimbey highway and explore. Good luck

AppleJax
06-21-2013, 10:55 AM
There was one caught by Forst Saskatchewan this year by a bearded hippie looking dude only a couple weeks ago. Thread on here if you search it. Congrats! Hope to see your video, sorry I can't help lol

fishman
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
If you back in the stocking guide to the eightys there was brown trout stocked in the nsr around drayton valley or down stream of there

evileddie713
06-21-2013, 12:12 PM
There was one caught by Forst Saskatchewan this year by a bearded hippie looking dude only a couple weeks ago. Thread on here if you search it. Congrats! Hope to see your video, sorry I can't help lol

Damn hippies!
Hehe the one we caught up by the fort was only maybe 9 inches long though and didn't look in the best of health. Here is the thread.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=181192

HOSSTONE1
06-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the input guys. If I can figure out how to post the video, I will put it up for all to see! Good to hear the odd one being caught, Sure is a special treat to hook onto this kind of fish. It just happened to be my first brown trout as well!