PDA

View Full Version : Fletching on shrink tube

Rainemaker
06-26-2013, 05:22 PM
So have y'all ever used these fletchings on heat shrink? Thought they'd be fast and easy

CBintheNorth
06-26-2013, 11:47 PM
I've used the NAP quickfletch. They are great.
Fast, affordable and pretty tough. Plus you get a nice crested arrow when you're done.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
06-27-2013, 11:45 AM
:D They are easy and slick..only issue from our shooters is they dont hold up well in cold weather...both vanes and wrap

Neil

benamen
06-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Just wondering how to get the wrap off if you need to refletch.

Rainemaker
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Just wondering how to get the wrap off if you need to refletch.

Says on the back of the ones I bought to slice and peel the old one off and install new. They say ten min in boiling water. Have you guys used a heat gun?

07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I have used the NAP quickfletch and the equivalent Blazer vane offering put out by bowning. Both have held up fine for me. I use them on my hunting/3D rig and I shoot traditional glue on fletchs on my paper bow. I like the shrink on ones because the easy to replace. I have done a couple in my jetboil stove on the side of mountains after having them ripped or torn on rocks/brush/gear/etc. I find it easy to take a knife and cut a slice off between each of the vanes. Then just grab each vane it comes off with the attached tubing. Clean and simple. I wouldn't call them economical but you pay for the ease and convenience.

JohnB
07-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I have a JoJan and use to fletch all my arrows but now I use NAP and just started trying the Blazers heat shrink. The shrink on's are way faster and hold up well as the other method.

Moosetalker
07-11-2013, 05:45 PM
A definite plus to use these if you also shoot a W/biscuit
I like the Blazer vane version as well.

LOL reminds me I have to pick some more up.

jorge997
07-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Depending on your setup you may also want to have a look at Starlight FOBs (Fletching Only Better) Check them out on You Tube

SPIKEHORN
07-16-2013, 03:27 PM
If you put a heat gun on them they fall right off, no mess and fast.

Buckhunter,1
08-05-2013, 11:01 PM
:D They are easy and slick..only issue from our shooters is they dont hold up well in cold weather...both vanes and wrap

Neil

what types of vanes ? the 2" blazers don't seem to have any trouble in the cold imo

leeelmer
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I use NAP Quik fletch. Work great easy to put on. 2inch blazers and made my broodheads group great.