PDA

View Full Version : grande prairie shore fishing?

jackal
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
hey guys, looking to get back into fishing after over 10 years of fishing only a couple times with friends equipment. does anyone know of any good shore fishing around grande prairie, thanks to anyone that has any input. just looking for a quiet place to go with the dogs and fish for a while.

Rustydog
06-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Well any of the rivers around here. Or sturgeon or snipe lake. I think ya could even catch some at muskoseepi pond lolololol

Wild&Free
06-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Yea they stock the pond in the park, rainbows every year. There's also the Wapiti River, but I think with the sun and heat coming you'll be catching more swimmers then fish. Smokey River out by Besanson or the Simonette River just as you turn onto the trunk road. Kakut Lake has a trout pond(with perch), it's about 40 minutes north near Peroia, Spring Lake near Valhalla Center has a dock and I caught some rainbows and brookies near it this past winter. There's always the mighty Peace at Dunvegan too, it's starting to come down and clean up, but the silty mud hasn't dried out yet. There's other spots as well, but all those are within an hour drive of GP, Dunvegan just a little further out.