PDA

View Full Version : Got my first bow today, a Motive 6 in snow cam.

jetlynk
06-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Have been waiting 4 weeks now for it to arrive and it got my wish to have it for Canada day weekend. Everything was set up already draw length set to 29 inch's draw weight set to 70lbs. I had everything planed out I had my targets ready got some stake posts for marking distances or 20 30 40 and 50 yards. Spoke to police about using an area to shoot and they gave me the ok. SO I got to the sight set everything up and stood on the 20 yard line. I then began running threw some checks I had thought of so everything would go smoothly. I flexed my arrow to check for cracks, I nocked it and set the cock at a 90 degree angle. I was a bit worried about the 70lb draw weight being my first bow but I was able to pull it back smoothly. I found nice grounding point on my cheek lined up my sight and fired my first arrow down range. As it hit the backstop I though to myself, I forgot to bend my elbow, and that's when the pain hit me. :sign0161: So I now have a bloody arm and nice welt but the rest of the time went well. Don't think Ill be forgetting that last step anymore though.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
:D congrads on the new bow and welcome to the dark side ...lol..

I must just say a couple things though ...

first the elbow should be bend in true sence...arm should be straight but not locked, just bend out of a lock postion which doesnt even come close to being in the true sence...bent.

Regardless somethinmg doesnt sound right in your draw lentgh...an arm slap usually means a too long of a draw..and if you arm was locked the bow shouldnt let you bend that much without wanting to fire...a proper draw length will be comfortable...wont let slap you arm and should tend to let your arm straight but not lock...

one can still shoot that way, but it isnt consistant...

where you measured for proper draw?

May adjust the bow to a 28.5 draw and shoot it to see if its comfortable ...

JMHO
Neil

north american hunter
06-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I heard the motive 6 is a very good bow, and snow camo. Fancy

jetlynk
06-27-2013, 04:08 PM
I was measured 3 times by 3 different people so as I would not mess it up. I was quite meticulous when it came to buying my bow. I think it was just the excitement of firing for the first time that got to me and I had a laps in common sense. My anchor point also moved around a little bit until I found a spot I liked the most and it was almost like my elbow wanted to bend. After my 15th or so arrow I was putting them on the bull's-eye with a grouping of 1" at 20 yards. Was nice to go from missing completely to making my targets flip over. I fired about 50 arrows and it only happened once on the first shot. Going to be shooting as much as possible now to get ready for season many trying to perfect my form.

Dog hunter
07-06-2013, 06:44 AM
I was measured 3 times by 3 different people so as I would not mess it up. I was quite meticulous when it came to buying my bow. I think it was just the excitement of firing for the first time that got to me and I had a laps in common sense. My anchor point also moved around a little bit until I found a spot I liked the most and it was almost like my elbow wanted to bend. After my 15th or so arrow I was putting them on the bull's-eye with a grouping of 1" at 20 yards. Was nice to go from missing completely to making my targets flip over. I fired about 50 arrows and it only happened once on the first shot. Going to be shooting as much as possible now to get ready for season many trying to perfect my form.

I got the motive6 a few months back and love it ,definitely have to be careful of that short brace height or it will bite ya,nice now to shoot once you get used to it but unforgiving at long ranges

JeepJK
07-31-2013, 08:57 PM
I've had my Shadow Series Motive 6 since last September, put a Field logic IQ sight on it and a QAD HD drop away. My first shot my mouth dropped in aww lol. Amazing bow. With the retina lock and no peep and nothing else on the string to slow it down at 70 lbs its a fast bow. Very pleased with the whole setup.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-01-2013, 11:21 AM

:D glad you got it worked out...some shooters try to side completely sideways towards target..if you open up your stance slightly more facing target that will move string considerably away from arm and it will never happen again...

Neil

SportHuntingHelp
08-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I have noticed allot of people that get hit with the string have a poor grip no angle whatsoever.

By the way congrats on the new bow and congrats on the decision to get another bow no one stops at one :) welcome to the addiction.

jetlynk
08-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I have noticed allot of people that get hit with the string have a poor grip no angle whatsoever.

By the way congrats on the new bow and congrats on the decision to get another bow no one stops at one :) welcome to the addiction.

LoL true enough, I've been looking into making a recurve from a maple tree. But for now I'm still in love with my motive. Although I may have to change the stings out already but I've seen this is a problem with a lot of bear OEM strings especially on their speed bows. Which leads me to start looking at bow presses and string jigs.