PDA

View Full Version : that was fun

waterninja
06-28-2013, 10:10 PM
decided to go to cardiff just for something different after being cooped up in the house for some shore fishing (too lazy to load canoe and gear). what a great couple of hours. very little holiday traffic and the scenery after all this rain was gorgeous. can't remember when alberta was this green. had the lake to myself at 6:00 pm and at 6:01 hooked my first trout, and after that it was a fish every cast. a group of people stopped for a picnic near me and grandpa and dad started fly fishing. a little 6 yr. old girl(madison) was feeling left out so i set her up with a rod. she kicked butt. landed 5 trout all by herself and we had a couple double headers. she could even cast by herself quite well. she was very proud about outfishing grandpa and dad (who were still skunked when i left).lol one minor drawback was that even though i landed about a dozen fish they were all tiny. i was using a large worm hopeing it would sink deep for a big guy but no joy. just as i was packing up i caught a large cray fish which maddy put in a container for a pet (no i did not report her to RAP). all in all a nice couple hours. i'm sure i'll see maddy again on the water one day.

super mario
06-28-2013, 10:21 PM
decided to go to cardiff just for something different after being cooped up in the house for some shore fishing (too lazy to load canoe and gear). what a great couple of hours. very little holiday traffic and the scenery after all this rain was gorgeous. can't remember when alberta was this green. had the lake to myself at 6:00 pm and at 6:01 hooked my first trout, and after that it was a fish every cast. a group of people stopped for a picnic near me and grandpa and dad started fly fishing. a little 6 yr. old girl(madison) was feeling left out so i set her up with a rod. she kicked butt. landed 5 trout all by herself and we had a couple double headers. she could even cast by herself quite well. she was very proud about outfishing grandpa and dad (who were still skunked when i left).lol one minor drawback was that even though i landed about a dozen fish they were all tiny. i was using a large worm hopeing it would sink deep for a big guy but no joy. just as i was packing up i caught a large cray fish which maddy put in a container for a pet (no i did not report her to RAP). all in all a nice couple hours. i'm sure i'll see maddy again on the water one day.
NICE story you the pro

.mko.
06-28-2013, 11:15 PM

Sounds like a great day congratz! sounds like a similar experience to me the other night. Lots of fish but really small. Cheers