PDA

View Full Version : Flashers

AntlerAssassin
06-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Curious on some feedback on some flashers.. pulling pennies together and going to buy a new flasher.

Choices...

Hummingbird ICE-55
Marcum LX7
Marcum LX9
Vexilar FL20 Ultra pack

Would like feedback and some opinions from those that have experience with these and not just read the brochure.

I am leaning towards the Marcum LX7 as I do plan on purchasing a seperate color inderwater cam, as i believe the LX9 has a cam/flasher joined.

My intentions of use are lakers in cold lane.. walleyes in pigeon, whites in gull and sylvan, perch in various lakes, and the odd pothole trout.

Thank you.

Walleyemagnet
06-30-2013, 10:37 AM
I have an LX-7 and I love it. The 10ft depth scale is fantastic if you're using it in 5-10 fow for perch, still gives you at least 1/2 screen of resolution. I use mine on the round flasher setting with the vertical zoom window on the side. I have a friend who has an Ice55 and that thing pales in comparison. I wouldn't ice fish without a flasher again. In fact, I'm going to get the open water transducer because seeing how phenomenal the thing is for ice fishing, it should work just as well in open water.