PDA

View Full Version : Shooting low!

Cheyner82
07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know, if there Could be a issue with my bow other then my sights moving, that would cause me to shoot low all of sudden. Shooting low on all pins, haven't change anything. My 40 yard pin is now dead on at 30! Thanks for any help!

Z7 extreme, 60lbs

338Bluff
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
If you are still shooting tight groups maybe your peep site moved?

I mark mine with liquid paper.

Your D-loop may have edged up a bit? My bet is going to be on your peep though.

HoytAlpha35
07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Possibly your buss cable has creeped a little.

elkchaser
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
String stretch , my bear bow was bad sat for the winter and all my pins where about 5-10yards out . Just my 2 cents.

Stik'em
07-01-2013, 04:26 PM
You could be dropping you arm at release, I always watch my arrow hit the target through my sights after release.

Now if its every single arrow all the time now, then it could be any number of things listed above.

Stik'em

MatthewP
07-01-2013, 05:01 PM
If it is still in-tune and shooting tight groups, Most likely a peep or D-loop, If you are getting erratic arrow flight, cable streach or limb screw backed off

L.O.S.T.Arrow
07-02-2013, 03:13 PM
:D I agree with a Moved D loop kisser or peep...something has moved on the sight line and or anchor...

String /cable stretch/creep is gradual and not sudden...
All anchor points should be marked...

This chart measures all anchors, peep, nock point etc on string and is done when rest has arrow center shot on berger...

Neil

Mulie.stalker
07-02-2013, 11:53 PM
For guys wanting to keep as constant as possible a bow square is a great device, but instead of using it as a square use it as a way to track your bows movements, put masking tape on one side of the square, with a sharpie mark out where you tiller marks are, where your brace height is exactly where your peep is in relation to your d loop and as many measurements as you can without getting confused..
That way when you pull out your bow after it has been sitting a while you can check your measurements on your bow square and find out if it really is the bowthat has changed or if its all in your mind.

Cheyner82
07-03-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm still shooting fairly tight groups and its every shot. Got a new set of strings order. Try that and see how it goes. Doesn't look like the D ring or peep moved. Strings are getting pretty rough so have some worlds best string on the way!! Hope there good.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
07-04-2013, 08:51 AM
:D I will guarentee you wil be Happy with WBS...of all the strings out there they go on closest to bow specs I have seen...its errie some times on how close...the last long ..low stretch and have best servings hands down of any I have used...

Neil

racktracker
07-05-2013, 01:32 AM
depenging on your rest style, it may have dropped some if your still holding a tight group!

Lefty-Canuck
07-05-2013, 06:38 AM
depenging on your rest style, it may have dropped some if your still holding a tight group!

Double tap

LC

Lefty-Canuck
07-05-2013, 06:39 AM

Edit misread :)

LC