PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Dustin98
07-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi, I am new to fishing and I am planning on go fishing on the old man river down by fort Macleod. How good will the fishing be down there? What would be some good bait to use? Thanks

cougarcreek
07-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Fishing is not great around Ft Mcleod. need to go upsteam to just below the dam or anywhere above. Check reg for bait bans.

Dustin98
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Where could I check for bait bans?

cougarcreek
07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
In the Alberta fishing reg. which is available on the web. Something you should have and read carefully before going fishing anywhere in Alberta.

Dustin98
07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
When it says their us a 0 catch limit does that mean you can catch as many as you want? And from what I understand since I'm 15 I do not need a fishing licence. Also is the fishing decent near the dam up by fort Macleod? Also if their is a bait ban what are some other techniques for catching them? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott N
07-02-2013, 04:11 PM
When it says their us a 0 catch limit does that mean you can catch as many as you want? And from what I understand since I'm 15 I do not need a fishing licence. Also is the fishing decent near the dam up by fort Macleod? Also if their is a bait ban what are some other techniques for catching them? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

"0 Catch Limit refers to the possession limit. In other words, you aren't allowed to keep any fish, but you can catch as many as you want, unless the body of water in question is closed. Keep in mind that many lakes / streams / rivers are only open part of the year for fishing.

Winch101
07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
At the top of this page is a sticky .....2013 regs....read very carefully
Those trouty places are tricky .....water is pretty dirty and high down there.
Fishing likely poor.

Dustin98
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Has anyone ever had any luck over by the dam? And what would be some tips for fishing with bait?