PDA

View Full Version : Take a kid fishing

Lund rebel
07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Well I took my older brother and his 5 year old fishing for the first time here and she has a little princess rod and she could bomb the hooks. We inatially took off her hooks and gave her a top water plug. She was geting a ton of bites but was geting upset why she couldn't keep any on when I was catching and so was her dad. So we put the hooks back on and she was doing good for a few hrs until she got a wave from another boat as she casted

This was her catch

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh619/dukeandotis/2040F171-8BE8-4686-BAA6-1441E67CE1C7-12027-0000172E21F64296_zps63121a14.jpg

Initially 2 were in and I pulled the first out but as I was laughing so hard I had to stop and get a picture lol

Anyways just wanted to hear some experiences of other members and going with kids

e40water12
07-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Ouch

chriscosta
07-03-2013, 08:02 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!! i did that to myself with a rapala x rap slashbait (big ass hooks) when i flinched when a big pike started kickin i had to get the fish off before i could start pushin the hook the rest of the way through to cut the end off cause i didnt file the barb off just pinched em while i was on the boat i learned a few lessons that day that hook looks like it came close to bein reaaly bad wow

Game Hunter
07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Wowzers that looks painful. Lucky it didn't pierce anything.
How was it removing the hook?

Wild&Free
07-04-2013, 09:56 AM
I've seen a few Len Thompson earrings in the clinic waiting for the doctor in the summers, and watched a buddy put a fly right into the middle of his back when he first started with it.

TrophyPikeHunter
07-04-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't have a picture as I've since changed phones and didn't save it but while trying to unhook a small pike, it thrashed and sent one of the three hooks of a treble through the first and second finger of my left hand, binding them in a "half" overlapped position. Adding insult to injury, a 2nd hook went into and not quite out of the second finger as well. We were on the west end of Wab and after trying our own doctoring to remove them, decided it was best left to the professionals. At the end of a 15 minute boat ride back to the town launch, I convinced EZM I was ok to back the truck in and crank the boat up as per our normal routine. With boat secured, I asked a few locals on the beach if they knew of a doctor in town. I soon learned he wasn't around today. So, it meant a trip to emergency in Stony Plain. Waited about 45 minutes until finally a doctor froze my fingers and, within a few seconds, painlessly backed out the barbless hooks. All I could think of was that I now knew how my dad felt when he put a hook through his thumb when I was a kid.

fishinggeek
07-04-2013, 10:47 AM
I did the same thing with taking hooks off when kids are learning. Alot of patience and time with the little ones but It's a blast catching fish with them thou. We were out yesterday at wab took out the neighbour kids with my daughter. Pike feeding like crazy now. And yes life jackets are worn at all times. Just took them off for the pic😀.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/image_zps45c81deb.jpg[/URL]

Lund rebel
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Wowzers that looks painful. Lucky it didn't pierce anything.
How was it removing the hook?

They were pinched so came out fairly easy, I have a background as a sports doctor so I am not very squeamish but it was hard to get out cause your neck is so stretchy lol.