River. Probably got a better chance of getting your gun back than
Your dope . S slowly but surely the noose is tightened but once again
On thin air .

Ken07AOVette
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Happy coincidence or planned raids?

Either way, hope the charges and fines are high. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

No wonder (some) people refused to leave their homes :thinking-006:

Or, just to feed the stinky fire, a way to throw suspicion off the RCMP?

Blastoff
07-04-2013, 05:26 PM
So a few grow ops were found when houses were searched in high
On thin air .

:bad_boys_20::bad_boys_20::bad_boys_20: some guys will be without smoke, hope you will be OK

hayseed
07-04-2013, 05:26 PM
You think they should give the weed back???

Sundancefisher
07-04-2013, 05:29 PM
You think they should give the weed back???

Nothing better than weed marinated in raw sewage and gasoline.

hayseed
07-04-2013, 05:34 PM
She'll blaze Sun.....

wwbirds
07-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I think if an officer enters a property without a warrant under the guise or fact of an natural disaster it doesn't matter if they find a grow op, illegally stored firearms, Reeves working on his pinto or Ken07vetter in a speedo no charges can be laid as the evidence of the offence was obtained illegally.

Winch101
07-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Some righteous **** to say the least .

High River cacalabra

Ken07AOVette
07-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Some righteous **** to say the least .

High River cacalabra

I had to google that. Still no answer :confused:

sewerrat
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Cops also found people filling their basements, hoping to make a claim.

Blastoff
07-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I had to google that. Still no answer :confused:

I thought you re googling Ken in a speedo???:sHa_shakeshout:

220swifty
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Why would he google it, he just has to walk past a mirror.

Ken07AOVette
07-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Don't nobody want to see that :sHa_sarcasticlol:

greylynx
07-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Nothing better than weed marinated in raw sewage and gasoline.

That is what is known as "hash oil"?

Correct?

CNP
07-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Cops also found people filling their basements, hoping to make a claim.

That is crazy.

Nothing illegal about filling your basement lol...

MtnGiant
07-04-2013, 07:16 PM
On thin air .

Is this actually a news breaking surprise to you? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Tripleheart
07-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Is not the reason they call it High River????.They fooled me.

Winch101
07-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Not surprised that there's grow ops ,but a little taken aback
At the irresponsibility of today's druggies . Leaving your plants behind
That's such an example of who we are dealing with today .Who cares
Plenty more where that came from....Backin the sixties this would have
never happened.....somehow float a dope ....bagged and hauled at a
Moments notice..How do you expect legalization if that's the way
You take care of your weed . Thank goodness the RCMP were there
To make sure that THC was handled properly .....you know what
They say about proper disposal of drugs ......:bad_boys_20:

greylynx
07-04-2013, 10:45 PM
High River and surrounding area.

A place to "take a trip and never leave the farm".

Now that pressure cookers are going to be outlawed...no evidence to support this statement.

greylynx
07-04-2013, 10:53 PM
greylynx to NSA

greylynx to NSA

Please note following:

Reference to use of pressure cookers is in terms of production of ethanol. Nothing more.

ctd
07-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Illegal entry. I guess it was illegal to declare the state of emergency also.

assuming that people who are guilty of an offence should get off. What would your thought be if they found some bodies in the house that had been murdered?

Big Daddy Badger
07-04-2013, 11:30 PM
On thin air .

Good maybe a few more dippers will get on the rights bandwagon now that it isn't all about guns in their minds.:)

popgunn
07-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Not an expert by any means but isn't there something about "in plain view". I don't think they will turn their backs to any crime's they encountered during their searches. Again I'm not a legal expert just putting it out there.

Reeves1
07-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Reeves working on his pinto

PINTOS (or would that be Pintoes ? :sHa_sarcasticlol: )

Got me three of them now :sHa_shakeshout:

Union Millwright
07-05-2013, 07:33 AM
I believe Redford passed a law within the last couple years that allows the state to do anything they want, as soon as a state of emergency is declared they have full run of your property and possessions to with what ever they like no reprocussions or restitution necessary.

Okotokian
07-05-2013, 08:40 AM
I think if an officer enters a property without a warrant under the guise or fact of an natural disaster it doesn't matter if they find a grow op, illegally stored firearms, Reeves working on his pinto or Ken07vetter in a speedo no charges can be laid as the evidence of the offence was obtained illegally.

Except their presence in your home isn't illegal, because of the declared state of emergency. That's why they aren't getting into any real trouble (other than bad publicity) for the gun confiscations. The grow-op charges will stick.

Here's the relevant parts of the legislation that cover all of this with regard to a declared state of emergency:

(g) cause the evacuation of persons and the removal of
livestock and personal property from any area of Alberta
that is or may be affected by a disaster and make
arrangements for the adequate care and protection of those
persons or livestock and of the personal property;

(h) authorize the entry into any building or on any land,
without warrant, by any person in the course of
implementing an emergency plan or program;

Okotokian
07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I believe Redford passed a law within the last couple years that allows the state to do anything they want, as soon as a state of emergency is declared they have full run of your property and possessions to with what ever they like no reprocussions or restitution necessary.

LOL, Yes of course Redford is the source of all evil. She probably caused the flooding. ;) But the law and the clauses I quoted above were in place long before her time. Good try though. :)

pophouseman
07-05-2013, 08:58 AM
LOL, Yes of course Redford is the source of all evil. She probably caused the flooding.

I heard that too!

Union Millwright
07-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I am biased lol I thought they changed the process for restitution so you need to accept what they offer with out being able to go to court.

silverdoctor
07-05-2013, 09:25 AM
The grow-op charges will stick.

Yep, they will stick.

In the case of drugs or grow ops, charges stemming from warrantless search will always stick. State of disaster no matter - so says our almighty supreme court.

Clgy_Dave2.0
07-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Yep, they will stick.

In the case of drugs or grow ops, charges stemming from warrantless search will always stick. State of disaster no matter - so says our almighty supreme court.

They'll stick alright. But, Oooooo big deal......take their equipment and plants (already ruined anyways) and hand 'em 6 months probation. Slap on the wrist. Small time ops aren't worth the Crown's time. (Even big ones rarely result in anything permanent for the owners)

Can't believe this was even a news worthy item for Sun Media.

Wazy.338
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Not an expert by any means but isn't there something about "in plain view". I don't think they will turn their backs to any crime's they encountered during their searches. Again I'm not a legal expert just putting it out there.

I believe "plain view" usually relates to finding something illegal in "plain view" while executing regular duties, or warrants for other purposes and stumbling upon something else not related to the current investigation, someone correct me if im wrong

wwbirds
07-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Unreasonable Search and Seizure
http://www.courts.ns.ca/bench/evidence.htm

deanmc
07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Except their presence in your home isn't illegal, because of the declared state of emergency. That's why they aren't getting into any real trouble (other than bad publicity) for the gun confiscations. The grow-op charges will stick.

Here's the relevant parts of the legislation that cover all of this with regard to a declared state of emergency:

(g) cause the evacuation of persons and the removal of
livestock and personal property from any area of Alberta
that is or may be affected by a disaster and make
arrangements for the adequate care and protection of those
persons or livestock and of the personal property;

(h) authorize the entry into any building or on any land,
without warrant, by any person in the course of
implementing an emergency plan or program;

I think there may be a fight over this. i understand it gives the police legal access to any building for the purpose of emergency management but can they legally use that access to collect evidence? I am not sure how I feel about it.

silverdoctor
07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I think there may be a fight over this. i understand it gives the police legal access to any building for the purpose of emergency management but can they legally use that access to collect evidence? I am not sure how I feel about it.

Canada has a history of not holding the RCMP accountable, don't hold your breath... This too will disappear and set a major precedent for the RCMP across Canada - they'll get away with it here, it'll be interesting to watch the news when there's a disaster somewhere else in Canada...

Gun owners are losing privileges in this country year by year, this is just another nail in the coffin.

Classic_Cool
07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Whether the growers get off or not, you know the cops won't forget about it. So if those guys are smart they'll clean, fumigate, and hope the police never find an excuse to come back.

:sSc_hiding:

Okotokian
07-05-2013, 01:15 PM

Of course they can if they enter legally. If your wife calls 911 because you gave her a slap and the cops come and find your grow-op when they walk in, you are going to jail. Same as if they pull you over in your car for going through a stop sign. If they see your eyes glazed and you smell of booze, do you think they can't charge you because they only pulled you ver for the stop sign infracton? IF they have a legal right to be there or a good reason to stop you, anything they see can produce a charge.

wwbirds
07-05-2013, 01:19 PM
the ones located around here never even had charges laid. Tenant disappeared and owner of building who was conveniently non resident and spoke the same language as the tenants he placed in the property disavowed any knowledge of the tenants actions (over 2 years and 5 complete crop cycles).
House was condemned due to humidity and mould damage so they sacrificed/lost a $300,000 house for several million dollars in crops.

That is a cash crop!

north american hunter
07-05-2013, 01:44 PM
They will definitely stick

Winch101
07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
The greater percentile of the high river populace are seniors .

These little plant operations( I assume little otherwise the horsemen
Would be all over themselvesb ) might just have been home grown
Medical grows...

Nothing to worry about...gramma and grampa reaching up to touch
The sky....:bad_boys_20:

harv3589
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I believe "plain view" usually relates to finding something illegal in "plain view" while executing regular duties, or warrants for other purposes and stumbling upon something else not related to the current investigation, someone correct me if im wrong

They have the authority to enter the houses to check on welfare, and in doing so, if they find anything relating to criminal activities the proper thing to do is to hold continuity of the residence while a search warrant is obtained....there wont be an issue getting it in say a case they found a grow op inside.

Okotokian
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm no particulary hung up one way or the other on drug use or a little grow your own, but I HATE full-house grow ops. They not only ruin the house, they ruin the neighbourhood. Try selling your house when it's next door to a busted grow op house that has been vacant and unremediated for two years. I've seen it a few blocks away.

Wazy.338
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM
They have the authority to enter the houses to check on welfare, and in doing so, if they find anything relating to criminal activities the proper thing to do is to hold continuity of the residence while a search warrant is obtained....there wont be an issue getting it in say a case they found a grow op inside.

Thank you sir