PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh Barracuda

pechetr
07-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Well if some of you recall last year I was targetting bonefish in Belize when I had one taken by a Barracuda 5 feet from the dock I was fishing from. I decided to head back this year and try to nab a Barracuda. Hired a guide this time that took us 45 minutes off shore into an area known as the Snake Cayes. They use a fish called a Bonino butterflied for bait. It was pretty rough seas in a small craft and I quickly learned that being on my boat in a landlocked Alberta lake is very different that being in a small vessel out on the ocean...but I digress.... After 15 minutes of trolling, I had something on. Upon reeling it in, it turned out to be a little Slipjack.

After another trip to the nearest island to settle my stomach, I was able to catch and land a cuda'. Not the biggest at about 20" long, but mission accomplished. The seas calmed down on the way back to the mainland, but by then, I was done!

OneGirlWolfPack
07-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Good story. When you caught the Barracuda were you tempted to narrow your eyes and say "I told you I'd be back for you"? Hahah! That's what I would've done. :p Sorry to hear you had a rough time with sea sickness. I'm sure fishing there was worth it though. :)