PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Lake Trout?

TheRealDeal
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Planning on heading up there tomorrow to try and catch my first Lake Trout. Having no Laker experience can anybody give me a rough idea where to start? I expect they are probably deep by now but I dont know. Any help is appreciated.

Fritze
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Im no expert by any means, but I know some guys who usually fare well at Peerless when they troll deep with glass/pink/light blue rapalas.

or try the classic williams wabler or a big ruby eye

moose maniac
07-06-2013, 12:58 PM
be prepared for a long slow drive down the peerless road it is a mess got an 1'' and a half of rain in the last 24 hours, you will be doing 30km/hr at best the whole way.

TheRealDeal
07-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Decided not to fight the conditions today. Planning on going up for a day this week once it stops raining. Any help would sure be appreciated. Really want my first laker and know next to nothing about these fish.

flynick
07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
If your camping keep everything locked up. Woke up to a local visiting in my trailer and he wasn't turning on the coffee for me

TheRealDeal
07-07-2013, 07:11 PM
We are very famaliar with those issues, weve been fishing Graham for years. Just finally bought a boat that will handle Peerless. Usually I fill a red jerry with water & sugar and a splash of gas for smell & leave it out for them. 9 times out of ten its gone in the first night and always by the 2nd night. Writing "PREMIUM" on the can seems to help.

Penner
07-07-2013, 08:31 PM
We are very famaliar with those issues, weve been fishing Graham for years. Just finally bought a boat that will handle Peerless. Usually I fill a red jerry with water & sugar and a splash of gas for smell & leave it out for them. 9 times out of ten its gone in the first night and always by the 2nd night. Writing "PREMIUM" on the can seems to help.

Ha ha ha.

BGSH
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM
woogi boogi lol

Magspec
07-08-2013, 12:53 PM
hahaah therealdeal im going to have to try that trick just about ****ed myself laughing we have lotsa that bull**** that goes on up here in high level.

TheRealDeal
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
The road in was in the worst shape I have ever seen. Took 4 hours from Red Earth.

moose maniac
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
The road in was in the worst shape I have ever seen. Took 4 hours from Red Earth.

it is like that every time we get 3 or 4 days of rain:)

TheRealDeal
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I have seen it bad but never like that. Holes over a foot deep in places. On the up side there was not another person anywhere on either lake.

Mike_W
07-10-2013, 08:57 PM

I was thinking of doing something similar with old gas just add water and sugar!!

Sure teach the thief or purchaser a lesson in free/cheap gas!!

Kurt505
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I was thinking of doing something similar with old gas just add water and sugar!!

Sure teach the thief or purchaser a lesson in free/cheap gas!!

I've got about 20 gallons of gas I had no idea what to do with, looks like a trip to peerless might be in my future!

dodgeboy1979
07-12-2013, 09:54 AM
go to a gas well and fill your jerry can with condensate, its a little more exciting lol.

BGSH
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Any bass in there :confused: