PDA

View Full Version : Lac St. Anne fish report

Bobby B.
07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks to all the help we received from some AO members, us two nubies had a great time catching walleye yesterday. We had a bit of a late start but were on the lake by around 8:30 am and fishing by 9:25. We caught our first walleye at 9:30 on the dot. Must have caught over 20 by 1:00 although the bite had definitely slowed by noon.

At first, my buddy was using a yellow Mr. Twister on a yellow headed jig tipped with leeches. I was using a Chartreuse Mr. Twister on a Chartreuse headed jig tipped with a minnow. The walleye were hitting my presentation at least 4 to 1 compared to his so he switched over. Our largest walleye was 23.5".

A few eeks ago, I walked into TFH westend with the intent of purchasing a dedicated walleye rig. Ended up with a G. Loomis rod and a Stradic 2500F reel. Terrific rod, I can feel every walleye. It's cool to feel the fish mouthing the minnow before setting the hook.

Bobby B.

NEWB
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Great to hear! :)

I've never fished it in the morning. I catch the most walleyes from 8:00 pm and onwards.

We didn't see you there last sunday. My brother and I were exploring the lake looking for drop off's and admiring the shacks at Albert beach in the middle of the afternoon. :)

Willowtrail
07-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Great to hear you did we'll. next time you head out to that lake shoot me a pm. I have a lot of knowledge on that lake.