PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Wabamun

bowhunter79
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Hello,
Never fished wabamun before. Any help or suggestions would be great. First where to launch a 14' aluminum? then where should a guy start? I've heard fallis point and just troll is that about it?

thanks

maclennanchris
07-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Launch in town , early before all the boat traffic. Head straight across the lake from the town launch and chuck raps all day, hothead colour always worked well for us. You'll do great.

YeeHaw
07-07-2013, 04:35 PM
If you are out there now ,or will be there tomorrow, I would be happy to show you a couple of spots that have been producing.

EZM
07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
don't go out in a little boat today - main lake is white caps

EZM
07-07-2013, 10:15 PM
If you are out there now ,or will be there tomorrow, I would be happy to show you a couple of spots that have been producing.

What kind of boat where you guys in? We were in the Black Lund with the Honda over in the bay by Fallis this am and around the town-site bay this PM.

Just trying to stay away from the tossing white caps.

Caught quite a few but nothing over 5-6lbs today (which was unusual).

1bluZebec
07-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I was out there today with a buddy as well playing it smart and staying out of the weather. 17 fish biggest being 8 lb. Great day:)

EZM
07-08-2013, 12:23 AM
I was out there today with a buddy as well playing it smart and staying out of the weather. 17 fish biggest being 8 lb. Great day:)

You were the guys in the blue zebec (assumed that from your name) - saw you over in the bay near Fallis - I think you guys were working the shallows when we were trolling the drop offs. We passed by you guys a few times and probably exchanged some small talk.

2 of us probably landed 40-45 or so between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM - but nothing to big as mentioned.

waterninja
07-08-2013, 02:04 AM
yee-haw, i sure hope your not going to give away your secret weapon (the P lure). lol

ineptflux
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
The best thing about wabamun is any lure or setup I've used always lands those beasts there.

Red Neck
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Well it seem we all have our fave spot so that leads me to believe the whole lake is a hot spot :thinking-006: If you fish any were near an edge or structure use something shinny or colorful you will most likely have good success. The really big girls have been a bit slow lately and seen to be in the deeper water 15-20 ft. all the info you have is good so just go and get at it:sHa_shakeshout:
Red Neck Out :scared0018:

NEWB
07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Launch in town , early before all the boat traffic. Head straight across the lake from the town launch and chuck raps all day, hothead colour always worked well for us. You'll do great.

Agreed unless you have a west wind. Otherwise it will take you a long time to get to Fallis with white caps.

OP,

Look at the sailing club to launch too. It's a sandy launch and you'll need either FWD, 4X4, or 4WD to pull out. RWD alone can sink you in the "quick sand" launch. It's an alright launch but there is no dock. You need to push off from shore.

Try to grab a depth chart ahead of time, or have a depth finder. Look for the drp offs at Fallis. It drops from 5-25 feet pretty quick. If you're in 12-16 feet of water that can produce some nice sized fish.