PDA

View Full Version : Trout fishing, tomorrow morning.

outdoorhunter
07-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't have work tomorrow, and I want to go trout fishing in the morning. I'm in Edmonton, what lake would you go to?

dalray
07-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Was @ Muir today for 8 hours and only got one bite. So I cant recommend that one

djpanda
07-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Was at muir last night and caught about 20. So definitely recommend!!

jaystev
07-07-2013, 08:46 PM
In my experience with muir Ive only ever had any decent fishing from first light untill the sun is fully on the lake, then again in the last two hours of light. A leech pattern is the only thing Ive caught anything there when its hot out. If you dont mind the walking east pit would be pretty quiet tomorrow, easy to fish the whole lake from shore, regardless of what style of fishing.

ineptflux
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Was @ Muir today for 8 hours and only got one bite. So I cant recommend that one

Was there today too - I could see them jumping, but only a few bites for me as well.

Nice little lake area though.

outdoorhunter
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
In my experience with muir Ive only ever had any decent fishing from first light untill the sun is fully on the lake, then again in the last two hours of light. A leech pattern is the only thing Ive caught anything there when its hot out. If you dont mind the walking east pit would be pretty quiet tomorrow, easy to fish the whole lake from shore, regardless of what style of fishing.

I've never been there but after taking a look, I think I will go out there tomorrow morning. Is it easy to find the trail into there?

jaystev
07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
yeah theres a little parking lot and the trail goes up from it over the hill and youre there. My fav spot is about 3/4 of the way down the left side of the lake where theres a bit of a bay.