PDA

View Full Version : Utikama Lake DEAD

huntercam
03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
:( I ran into a C.O at a lake yesterday and was taking to him about the situation at Utikama in his words (THE LAKE IS DEAD) he said the oxegen level is to low for the lake to survive
his name was Francesca Marchet out of Slave Lake the lake will be 6-8 years in the rebuilding not good>:

FiveO
03-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Say its not so. Any one tried fishing the lake the last couple of weeks?.
I called fish and feathers this morning and waiting for the biologist to call back.

huntercam
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey Five0 after you talk to the biologist let me know what he had to say thanks

splitbrow
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I had a friend who fished it a little over a week (or so) back and he said that "shes toast".

FiveO
03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Spoke with the biologist and he didnt have very good news. He said the walleye are dormant right now and if we dont get some melting real quick the lake could be severly winter killed.
Did you talk to him as well because he said some guy was going to forward some under water pictures of the dead fish?.

Nice pics in the other post did you haul them out of McMillian?.

Crestliner192
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow that's weird, my uncles were out there 2 weeks ago, they hit the ice at 8 Am, and by 10 Am they were packing up to go home with their limit of walleye. And when they left the walleye were still hittin pretty hard.:)

there was five of them fishing.

tuffyy
03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
After being analyzed this spring/summer Re-stocking will likely start taking place if the water and Oxygen levels are deemed ok.Dont expect any good report's for some time.It will recover,it just takes time...

FiveO
03-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Man oh man am i confused. Spoke with another FW officer today and he said the o2 levels are real low but the fish are hanging in there. The whites havent cratered yet and the walleye and pike are suspended but the lake hasnt yet killed.