PDA

View Full Version : help for a newbie?

figmentam
07-08-2013, 05:29 PM
i was at a friends place on saturday and he had just gotten a new recurve bow. i dont remember the make. first time shooting the bow didnt do to great. but by the end of the night i was able to center my arrows on a square bale at 25 yards. the bow was 60" long and 32lbs for the draw. i really enjoyed it and now im pretty much hooked on shooting. ive been doing some looking around and i cant really find anywhere online that has decent bows. i live in sundre and im trying to find an archery store in red deer if possible. im looking for something around 40# or greater draw. the one bow i found so far that i really like is the hoyt formula HPX but they dont have any prices on there web site so i have no clue as to the price ranges on them. if anyone has any suggestions on where i could go to look for a decent bow i would be happy to hear them.

MrSector9
07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Someone from red deer will let you know there.

If you come into Calgary I suggest Jim Bows, great place for a newbie haha. I just bought a compound setup from them recently and went in totally green. They helped out, let me shoot, gave me some pointers and overal it was an awesome experience.

qmurphy
07-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Head in to Jim Bows in Calgary. Red deer doesn't have a shop that is dedicated strictly to bows (that I'm aware of). Even if they did, Calgary isn't thatuch farther. That shop is right on the N end of the city, but probably worth phoning first to make sure they have what you are looking for. ( I'm form Sundre area as well).

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
07-14-2013, 10:49 PM
www.huntersfriend.com

Is a great site from the US that sells bows internationaly online and has alot of solid, high quality info on their site. A good read and info resource in the least!

Boerkie
07-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Jim bows in Calgary worth any drive!

petew
07-19-2013, 07:53 AM
For Traditional bows contact Git-r-donearchery in Calgary. He deals strictly in traditional and has good inventory.