PDA

View Full Version : Great Slave Lake East Arm

Magspec
07-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Looking for any info for fishing up there in first part august? I ordered paper charts as could find charts for gps/chartplotter/fish finder/radar that we are purchasing to install in boat. Is there fuel at snowdrift or should a guy pack most of fuel in boat? Looking at setting up tent on shore or just sleeping on boat anchored in a bay or moored somewhere?

bisonhunter
07-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Fishing should be pretty good in the first part of August. Lutzle Ke' does have fuel but it's highly recommended to bring your own if possible.(very remote there if anything goes wrong with the supply)

I haven't accessed the East arm from that side of the lake so I don't know how the rocks are. Here on the Yellowknife side your taking your life in your hands if you go boating without a gps track to get you around the rocks. They have no rhyme nor reason to where they rear up and smash out the bottom of your boat. There is a guy in the paper this week that sunk his 40ft boat 12 miles out of town hitting a rock. I'm not saying this to scare you, just to give you a heads up. It may be completely different on that side as the east arm seems to be mostly rock free from what I've heard.

Tight lines to you.

Safety D
07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I used to guide there. PM message me for some info

Safety D
07-09-2013, 08:43 AM
I used to guide there. PM message me for some info

saskpikeman
07-09-2013, 09:33 AM
dont listen bisonhunter!!! he's is trying to keep all the big lakers for him self, or so i have been told.

IHUNT
07-09-2013, 10:17 AM
We are heading out there on the 3rd of aug to go fishing. My first time there but the people that im going with have been going up there for the past 5 years and they said the fishing is awesome!! They also said that its a must to bring your own gas. They said to bring 10 5gal jugs of gas with me. We are camping on the shore close to lutzle ke and they said that some days you can get gas and other days you cant. Should be a good time cant wait to hook some monster lakers!:sHa_shakeshout:

bisonhunter
07-09-2013, 11:19 AM
dont listen bisonhunter!!! he's is trying to keep all the big lakers for him self, or so i have been told.

Come now, you know I would share them with anybody willing to make the trip up here. They are really tasty too, I'm having one for lunch right now.

Oh and since I know your passion for all things pike, here's one I guided Don Large to on Sunday afternoon. It was released as are all giant pike caught on my boat.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/robthefisher/IMG_4464_zps17289a77.jpg (http://s382.photobucket.com/user/robthefisher/media/IMG_4464_zps17289a77.jpg.html)

Safety D
07-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Fortress Island in august for the big girls !!!!!

Magspec
07-12-2013, 10:22 AM
IHUNT we are planning on going around that time as well maybe we will see you guys out there ill let you know when we got everything set in stone maybe we can all leave together if you leaving for fort res? Ya we planning on sleeping on shore or in boat which ever is easier depending on weather. Ya my bro with the river boat has a bunch of those pump and go big tanks so going to fill those all up and bring. We planning on going for 5-7 days depending on weather etc. LOL and ya this guy not to scared of much specially rocks ive fished bistcho lake, lots rocks out there and shallow spots with no rhyme or reason lol Hence why would like lake charts for gps but there are none to be had so paper charts will have to work.