PDA

View Full Version : beaver mines area report

rocky97
08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
i just got back from a camping trip to bauvais lake for 3 days and thought i would give u all a report on my sucess. fished bauvais lake for the first day with some sucess bait fishin from one of friends private cabin docks. The fishery just dosent seem to be wat it used to be, we only managed 11 rainbows a brown and a sucker. i used to catch 30+ a day fishin from shore but they dont seem to be bightin like they used to. the next day we decided to give beaver mines lake a try, we got there around 11 am and the wind was just terrible like allways but that dident stop use from givin it a try. we fished for about an 2 hours and managed 5 good sized rainbows biggest being 15 inches. on are way back home to cow town we decided to give the castle a try and managed a couple bullys and rainbows fishin the many deep and pristein pools that river has to offer. ill try to post some pics if i ever figure out how to.

Versatile
08-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Rocky we were out this winter infront o the cabins and had my Aquaview. There were ALOT of trout about 100-150 yards from the cabin. We were pulling 30 or 40 fish in a couple hours. They seemed to have a taste for the shrimp so thats what we gave them.

I had heard earlier in the year that beavious had a die off this spring maybe thats what happened.