PDA

View Full Version : Ssr sturgeon

TROLLER
07-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Anyone ever fish the south Saskatchewan for Sturgeon?

If you were to put a boat in off the bridge at Hgw 36 and went up stream towards Finnegan and beyond what are the chances? I know there are some decent Walleye but would really like a chance at a Dino.

Not looking for spots just general info if the Sturgeon even habitat that area

THANKS

mulecrazy
07-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Anyone ever fish the south Saskatchewan for Sturgeon?

If you were to put a boat in off the bridge at Hgw 36 and went up stream towards Finnegan and beyond what are the chances? I know there are some decent Walleye but would really like a chance at a Dino.

Not looking for spots just general info if the Sturgeon even habitat that area

THANKS

You are talking about 4 different rivers in this thread. HWY 36 crosses the Oldman and Bow rivers between Brooks and Taber. It then crosses the Red Deer river north of Brooks. It never crosses the SSR. Finnegan Ferry crosses the Red Deer river. I have never heard of Sturgeon fishing on the Red Deer, but I imagine it holds a few. The SSR from the forks to sask is pretty good for Sturgeon.

WayneChristie
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
You talking jet or prop?

TROLLER
07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
You talking jet or prop?

JET and I should have known that was the Red Deer at the bridge NO. of Brooks on 36.

Trying to figure out where we could put in without having to drive all the way down to Grassy and at least have a shot at a dino.

From Taber so very familiar with the 3 forks and most the lakes around just never did take to Sturgeon when I was younger.

WayneChristie
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
you could run up a short ways from 36 at the Bow and find some, should be a few left, but I dont know the river conditions that far up. actually dont know what condition the shore is for launching either, maybe someone else can help with that.