PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Perch

Northern Yaker
07-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Caught this almost 11 3/4" perch at a lake that's not all that far from Edmonton on Saturday. After talking with a few friends and their parents, I am starting to believe that this was quite a remarkable catch.:sHa_shakeshout: For the pics or it didn't happen crowd here you go, & NO I am not revealing where it was caught.

chriscosta
07-09-2013, 06:05 PM
that is sweet dude ive found some gooders this year myself but i was campin so a few for the fire and the rest are still swimmin congrats man where theres one theres more

Northern Yaker
07-09-2013, 06:06 PM
This guy went back to be caught again at a later date.

TROLLER
07-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Caught this almost 11 3/4" perch at a lake that's not all that far from Edmonton on Saturday. After talking with a few friends and their parents, I am starting to believe that this was quite a remarkable catch.:sHa_shakeshout: For the pics or it didn't happen crowd here you go, & NO I am not revealing where it was caught.

Where did you catch it on what bait, what size hook what time of day and directions to the exact spot if you don't mind.:)

Garry B
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM

Nice job for letting it go. Respect.

Fishfinder
07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Nice catch!
What Troller said ha.
Cheers:)

Alberta Bigbore
07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice...fish.

BeeGuy
07-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Where did you catch it on what bait, what size hook what time of day and directions to the exact spot if you don't mind.:)

pm is fine.

nice perch

Fishfinder
07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
pm is fine.

nice perch

Perty sure he was kidding. C'mon beeman, u asleep at the wheel? :)

EZM
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
I definitely post it on here for everyone to see ............ might as well share your secret with everyone ...........

1) Name of Lake
2) Directions
3) GPS way-points
4) technique
5) lure and/or bait type
6) time of day
7) send us each $10 too

just teasing ,,,,,,,,,,, great perch ........

buckmaster
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Nice hasse lake perch! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Fishfinder
07-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Italian sausage ain't that big....at all...jus sayin...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

338Bluff
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM
hmmmmm? Maybe Hastings?

Someday I'm going to load the boat and hit Hasse, Hastings, and Nakamun. Just to see......

Maybe all I'll get is a sunburn :scared0018:

TrollGRG
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM

Nope couldn't be Hasse - I fished there for 8 hours today and didn't get anything over 10.5 inches

crownb
07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Nope couldn't be Hasse - I fished there for 8 hours today and didn't get anything over 10.5 inches

Nice, well played

justinO
07-10-2013, 05:28 PM

Awesome fish its very impressive and C&R on top :sLo_BigBearHug:

Lund rebel
07-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Nice perch we were trolling crank baits out at another lake the other day and hooked into a few that had the length but didn't look no where near that thick.

AppleJax
07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Nice perch, I guess Nakamun didn't completely winterkill.

Northern Yaker
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes, Nakamun still has fish. I know a few people that go regularly. But They have yet to see one this size. Love the guessing game.(Still not saying)The lake is not known for its perch or really even its fishing, more of a water sports lake.

Garry B
07-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Yes, Nakamun still has fish. I know a few people that go regularly. But They have yet to see one this size. Love the guessing game.(Still not saying)The lake is not known for its perch or really even its fishing, more of a water sports lake.

Are these people catching perch at Nakamun this summer? I was talking with a F&W officer yesterday and they are monitoring the lake because they are aware a serous kill occurred. Sure hope some lived.

Rennich98
07-11-2013, 01:51 AM
I'm gonna say definitely a wabamun jumbo!!! Nice fish...biggest one I've gotten this year is a 5 incher from wab

Northern Yaker
07-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Are these people catching perch at Nakamun this summer? I was talking with a F&W officer yesterday and they are monitoring the lake because they are aware a serous kill occurred. Sure hope some lived.

Yes still some perch there but not in numbers from previous years.Fragile system.

AppleJax
07-11-2013, 06:19 AM

Nakamun has produced larger perch than 11.5 inches this past winter. Your fish is nice, but personally I don't consider perch "jumbo" until they exceeed 12. But that's just my opinion. Wizard lake is indeed a nice water sports lake, if you go to the far west end and fish along the reeds there are plenty of large perch.

Lefty-Canuck
07-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Nakamun has produced larger perch than 11.5 inches this past winter. Your fish is nice, but personally I don't consider perch "jumbo" until they exceeed 12. But that's just my opinion. Wizard lake is indeed a nice water sports lake, if you go to the far west end and fish along the reeds there are plenty of large perch.

I don't know the last time you saw a large perch from wizard but personally it has been a long time for me.

I fish there in the winter with the kids for small pike....catch 50-60 little ones before you find a keeper. Hardly see any perch worth targeting on the cams.

LC

AppleJax
07-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't know the last time you saw a large perch from wizard but personally it has been a long time for me.

I fish there in the winter with the kids for small pike....catch 50-60 little ones before you find a keeper. Hardly see any perch worth targeting on the cams.

LC

Caught some a few years back from my seadoo on the far west end in the reeds. Sorry about your luck out there Chris...

Lefty-Canuck
07-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Caught some a few years back from my seadoo on the far west end in the reeds. Sorry about your luck out there Chris...

:)

I usually target only the pike... I have seen bigger perch in Coal on the cams than I have ever seen in Wizard...guess I might have to switch it up.

LC

nits101
07-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Hey guys and gals I'm just looking for a good place to take my wife fishing for perch I really have not fished for perch in like ten or more years we are around spruce grove

Garry B
07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Yes still some perch there but not in numbers from previous years.Fragile system.

Good to know it is not dead. The F&W officer told me they have been stocking this lake back to the 30's and kills are common. He said it was the agricultural and recreational runoff into the lake cause big algae blooms in summer and when that decays in winter it sucks the oxygen out. Hope I've paraphrased him correctly.

Rennich98
07-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Could be from jackfish??

chriscosta
07-11-2013, 02:37 PM
or mink

bobby2unes
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Thats got to be a South Buck perch. :)

Walleyemagnet
07-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Watersports lake? Close to Edmonton? I bet that's Jackfish Lake.

deercrazy!
07-11-2013, 10:14 PM
What's the big deal about an 11" perch, show me the 14-15" perch and ill be impressed
But 11 cmon We can go catch them anytime on multiple lakes around the city.
Dang good eatin though!!!

Northern Yaker
07-12-2013, 05:25 AM
What's the big deal about an 11" perch, show me the 14-15" perch and ill be impressed

Always a hater. Lets see some pics bud. Oh don't have any shut it then...

Garry B
07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Thats got to be a South Buck perch. :)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell"

Love this quote.

BGSH
07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Watersports lake? Close to Edmonton? I bet that's Jackfish Lake.

Jackfish lake are babies try a little east of there :)

BGSH
07-12-2013, 10:50 AM

About an hour and half at the most from Edmonton there are perch 14-17 inches big, you can see them everywhere just got to get them to stay on the hook when they bite :) then you have a record perch

AppleJax
07-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Always a hater. Lets see some pics bud. Oh don't have any shut it then...

Really? You started this thread with a comment '" I'm not going to tell anyone where this is" and also took a shot at the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd... Now you say the same thing? That's a nice perch, but definitely not a "JUMBO".

Northern Yaker
07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm a pic or it didn't happen kind of guy. Don't know where I took a shot at myself. With these claims Of larger perch in Alberta, I really want to see. I've talked to enough anglers this week to know this is a rare catch here. Might not be jumbo to some.

deercrazy!
07-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Ok here's 1. BUD!! I didn't say it was a bad fish I am sure it tasted great just sayin that that size perch can be caught way more often than you apparently know, LOL my 7yr old son will limit out on 9-12"ers from the dock by noon on any given day
Maybe all those anglers you have been talkin to just didn't want to hurt your feelings