PDA

View Full Version : Bet on pigeon

fluxcore
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
What's the most fish you've caught on pigeon I've got a bet I or we can have an 85 fish day any thoughts ?

EZM
07-09-2013, 10:08 PM
"I" or "we" is the key .......... perhaps a riddle of sorts ..........

one guy, 85 in a day, might be tough

two guys should be able to land 85 in a day.

EZM
07-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh yeah - forgot the other part .......

2 of us have landed over 100 eyes in one day - stopped counting at some point - the year before last.

Literally - a fish a minute (kind of thing) for 15 minutes straight then a 5-6 minute break and all over again for 4 to 5 hours (same pattern). It was awesome fun.

fluxcore
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM
My buddy is reading this lol and we got 3 guys and he is convinced this is impossible lol

EZM
07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Take the bet ............ 3 guys landing 85 should be a reasonably normal morning at Pigeon........ take the bet and his money ..........you will off the lake by 10:30 or 11:00 and a few bucks richer.

Lefty-Canuck
07-09-2013, 10:21 PM
One time at Slave my Dad and I easy had 100 fish EACH day....we played a game that if a guy got a hookup he couldn't get that fish to the boat before the other guy had a fish on....it was like that all day.

LC

The Fisherman Guy
07-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Walleye fishing for the uninitiated is too alien for them to accurately comprehend.

Don't take his money, but take the bet and make him eat a tub of minnows as your winnings :)

npauls
07-09-2013, 11:19 PM
If pigeon is anything even near what I have heard you should have no problem landing 85-100 fish in a day between 3 guys.

I have had quite a few days out with buddies on southern reservoirs where the whole day was drop a jig with bait and pull up a fish constantly for the entire day.

justinO
07-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Haven't fished pigeon in years but 10 years ago I had many 100+ days of 4+lb eyes. Herd the lake is bouncing back if it has with three good anglers in a boat I think its a lock lol

EZM
07-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Take the bet then double or nothing him and take him up to Wabamun one day - same bet 3 guys - 85 pike in one day ...........

just don't go on a day with a east wind ............. those days can be tough sometimes

Stewie
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
3 years ago me and a buddy got 108... This year we haven't fished to hard but our best outing was around 70...

italk2u
07-10-2013, 10:31 AM
All of which probably explains why there was nary a sign of a CO last weekend when my buddy went out to fill his tags and was asked by several people what the "little yellow things" were that he was attaching to his fish. These same guys had stringers of 5 or more walleye hanging over the sides, and they weren't the only ones either.
It looks like SRD has given up on Pigeon realizing that they screwed up in the first place with the original C&R edict.
And yes, he called it in, but hasn't heard anything yet.

cube
07-10-2013, 10:39 AM
My buddy is reading this lol and we got 3 guys and he is convinced this is impossible lol

Before the heat of the July long weekend it would have been very easy to get 60 per angler. It has slowed a fair bit with the heat of that weekend so you might not want to do it right away but certainly 85 between 3 guys on most days is no problem.

Good luck to you

dragon
07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
All of which probably explains why there was nary a sign of a CO last weekend when my buddy went out to fill his tags and was asked by several people what the "little yellow things" were that he was attaching to his fish. These same guys had stringers of 5 or more walleye hanging over the sides, and they weren't the only ones either.
It looks like SRD has given up on Pigeon realizing that they screwed up in the first place with the original C&R edict.

Been fishing pigeon now for over 20 years and have personally never had to show proof of licensing. I have seen SRD in the winter sitting in their truck and that's about it...

fishtank
07-10-2013, 03:22 PM

funny i saw a guy cleanning a small pike on the boat launch , as i was pulling up there was 2 CO there but they came after the guy had left , they gave out a a tickets to a guy for boat license .

it was pretty slow for us on sunday as the weather and wave was not cooperating had caught 9 fish in total biggest was 56cm and smallest was 47cm , filled 2 class a tag , nothing in class c

turnitloose
07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
my fishing partner and i have caught 265 walleye in one day (8-9hrs), the only reason we stopped fishing that day is we ran out of bait. had we not ran out of bait who knows how many we could have caught....

Dr.D
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
my fishing partner and i have caught 265 walleye in one day (8-9hrs), the only reason we stopped fishing that day is we ran out of bait. had we not ran out of bait who knows how many we could have caught....

That was like last weekend we burned through 25 tubs of minnows and a pound of leeches in ten hours of fishing

wildwoods
07-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes my pal from South Carolina and I make the annual pilgrimage to Pigeon(I'm from here). He fools around a lot with bass techniques but we always seem to manage 60+ fish in June.

gramps73
07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
That was like last weekend we burned through 25 tubs of minnows and a pound of leeches in ten hours of fishing

I've seen you fish, maybe your wife went through that much bait but you..
I don't think so....

npauls
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't think so....

:sHa_shakeshout:

EZM
07-10-2013, 05:03 PM

25 tubs of minnows - that has to be like over a 1000 minnows - what the heck are you doing with them?

That's like $100 worth of bait.

We will catch 100 walleyes on a tub and a half to two small tubs (at most) of minnows.

They are not snacks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you have 17 people on your boat and you are throwing them over board ........... i was shocked to read that .......

Dr.D
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
25 tubs of minnows - that has to be like over a 1000 minnows - what the heck are you doing with them?

That's like $100 worth of bait.

We will catch 100 walleyes on a tub and a half to two small tubs (at most) of minnows.

They are not snacks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you have 17 people on your boat and you are throwing them over board ........... i was shocked to read that .......

Maybe some day you could take me out and teach how to catch walleye and conserve bait

Dr.D
07-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I don't think so....

Lol my arms hurt from playing net b$$ch.

RavYak
07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
They need to increase the walleye limits at Pigeon if people can go out and catch 85-100+ fish a day...

jaystev
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
When theyre biting good i switch to plastics, they last longer. Last year in august we ran out of bait untill buddy brought one up that proceeded to spew forth pink minnows! I think he mustve had ten of em in his mouth and when buddy put his hand under his belly and picked him up to unhook him he puked them all over my boat. That day was easily a 100+ fish day as well. But Im sure there were alot of repeat offenders. I know one fish we caught three times that day by the missing lip on one side of his mouth.

jaystev
07-11-2013, 09:15 PM
They need to increase the walleye limits at Pigeon if people can go out and catch 85-100+ fish a day...

There are enough people poaching the hell out of that lake. If they allowed a limit it would become much much worse.

RapStaff
07-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I was out on Friday with s buddy from work.
We hit somewhere between 70- 80 before we ran out of bait.

JohnnyD
07-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Id say your goal of 85 a day is achievable. However, the conditions have to be right. Hot weather, unstable barometer, and time of year all play a major part to those high number days.

If they opened a daily limit that lake would be cleaned out in a year. Tags all the way! Costco sells walleye which is far cheaper than truck fuel, boat fuel, and cost of fishing equipment.

I agree that the lake could use more support from F&W. 3 weeks ago they were out checking licenses, boats, livewells, and were on the search for a boat poaching walleye.

Pikelinski
07-14-2013, 09:45 AM
The wife,boy and I caught and released 260 in about 5 hours.

lromanchuk
01-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Maybe some day you could take me out and teach how to catch walleye and conserve bait

Again. Hilarious.

I think EZM fancy's himself a better fishermen.

binnzer32
01-10-2014, 10:03 AM
260 in 5 hours that's about 55 fish an hour...i bet you have caught a 15lb whitefish and a 65lb pike

EZM
01-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Again. Hilarious.

I think EZM fancy's himself a better fishermen.

????....... not sure why you would make a comment like that?

I personally think it would be ignorant and/or arrogant to make a comment like that considering we don't know each other, nor do we have any basis on making such a useless determination.

How many line class records do you hold? For how many species?

LOL right back at you ......... Cheers

:snapoutofit:

RavYak
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM
The wife,boy and I caught and released 260 in about 5 hours.

You guys caught one fish every 52 seconds continuously for 5 hours?

Your eyes are brown...

1bluZebec
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM
C'mon now some now must have caught just a bit more, do I hear a 280?,290? :sHa_sarcasticlol: just picture 25 tubs of minnows and a pound of leeches:sHa_sarcasticlol: lmfao Jesus Christ that's $125.00 in minnows alone and probably another 20 for leeches. That expensive especially if I can't even keep 5! :scared0015:

1bluZebec
01-10-2014, 07:43 PM
C'mon now someone now must have caught just a bit more, do I hear a 280?,290? :sHa_sarcasticlol: just picture 25 tubs of minnows and a pound of leeches:sHa_sarcasticlol: lmfao

Warmbreeze
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Pro tip 101:
If they are biting every cast bait is a waste of time and money. They are feeding aggressively if you land one every cast. Try a rattling lip less crank or your favorite Len Thompson or a curly tail jig( if they are inhaling them.) De-barb them for faster unhooking.
This is obviously for the circumstance of an aggressive bite.

Edit: Added parentheses after the word jig.

Dr.D
01-10-2014, 08:13 PM
C'mon now someone now must have caught just a bit more, do I hear a 280?,290? :sHa_sarcasticlol: just picture 25 tubs of minnows and a pound of leeches:sHa_sarcasticlol: lmfao

If you have a bait company for a sponsor it's free

fish gunner
01-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Ive only fished it a couple of times , when we found the walters 10-15 an hour was not difficult with electronics . With a good knowledge of the structure and the fishes movements 100 should be attainable .