PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fishing Lac Sante

HunterDave
07-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I did well this winter ice fishing burbs during the spawn out at lac Sante but I'm wondering what the fishing is like during the summer. I have to build a deck for a cottage there in a couple of weeks and I wonder if it's worth hauling my boat there. I know what the regs say about what type of fish are in there but my experience has been that the info is not necessarily accurate.

Are there any AO members that fish the lake in the summer and is it worth my while to fish it while I'm there?

chriscosta
07-10-2013, 01:10 AM
i know the walleye population is gettin better ..also i seen some descent pike from there. ya wont get a burb in the dog days of summer i dont think .a friend of mine has luck with the whitefish . i dont think i ever seen a perch there but then again i never tried. im sure they are there. good luck let us know what ya find.

coyotezh
07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
fishing in the lake was good. most of them are walleyes and occasionally pikes. I caught one pike about 30 inches. Interestingly, I caught mostly pikes in the winter and now mostly walleyes.... cannot explain..anyone knows the reason?

keep6matt
07-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Many many years ago I was talking with a F&W officer and he made mention that they were electro shocking fish there and came across a very very large pike, he said it was close to the 60 lb mark, whether that held any grain of truth or not, I don't know but I have heard of very big pike in that lake. My two cents.

chriscosta
07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
myuncle has lived there right on the lake for 26 years and we have certainly seen some big pike n walleye there unfortunately the biggest walleye he ever sees wash up dead once in awhile but some have measured over 30 inches the biggest pike hes caught was 22 pounds but there is a small creek there and at the end of winter while the ice is on you can see some enormous fish in the creek in very shallow water that lake is very deep and clear i believe some real big fish reside there but they are very tight lipped in summer also the lake drops off almost immediatly to very deep so theres alot of water to search

chriscosta
07-10-2013, 05:09 PM
fishing in the lake was good. most of them are walleyes and occasionally pikes. I caught one pike about 30 inches. Interestingly, I caught mostly pikes in the winter and now mostly walleyes.... cannot explain..anyone knows the reason?
ya might be thinkin lac ste anne ? correct me if im wrong

chriscosta
07-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I did well this winter ice fishing burbs during the spawn out at lac Sante but I'm wondering what the fishing is like during the summer. I have to build a deck for a cottage there in a couple of weeks and I wonder if it's worth hauling my boat there. I know what the regs say about what type of fish are in there but my experience has been that the info is not necessarily accurate.

Are there any AO members that fish the lake in the summer and is it worth my while to fish it while I'm there?

the burbot fishing is unreal there if your there at the right time and know of the spawning grounds fish after fish all day sometimes ive also heard some lake trout were put in a long time ago with no success idk how true it is