PDA

View Full Version : MEC What Moves You Contest

Steven Noel
07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I debated putting this in the general discussion, but settled that it would be better here.

MEC is hosting a contest where individuals explain the rationale of what moves them in an outdoor setting through a short compilation of text and pictures. The winner of this contest will receive a funded trip to the Yukon.

While I hate to ask, if you guys would mind taking a look at my submission and voting it up if you so desire, I would be greatly appreciative. Voting is open until the twenty-fourth.

I understand that some individuals take issue with MEC's policies regarding fishing and other outdoor activities. I tried to address this by within my very short alloted entry providing a positive representation of angling and the angling community.

The link to my page is found here:
http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/324364/voteable_entries/68688265

I based my presentation off a trip I did a thread about last year to Coral Lake, a few of you may recall it. If not it is linked here if you wish.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=144589

If you might take the few seconds to vote I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank You,

Steven Noël

pikergolf
07-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Done, I love that first pic of yours, I think I saw it on the photo thread on this site?

Wild&Free
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
You got my vote.

greylynx
07-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Your in Steven.

I gave you more votes than the other guy. I got in trouble for saying something.

Take care young fella.

Fishfinder
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Absolutely got my vote, except can I only vote through Facebook? I don't do the Facebook thang...

Steven Noel
07-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Thank you greatly to everyone who has voted, including those who have noted so here and those who have contacted me by means of private message. The kind words are much appreciated and the time of yours I have taken is not done so without gratitude.

I should also note that voting may be done daily if you so desire, and every vote can make a difference.

Absolutely got my vote, except can I only vote through Facebook? I don't do the Facebook thang...

Again, thank you. I do not believe a Facebook acount is required to vote. If you have any further problems with that please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to resolve it.

pikergolf
07-12-2013, 01:43 PM
bmp

DarkAisling
07-12-2013, 03:59 PM
I voted on my desktop. Now I have to vote on all of my other devices.

I am, as always Steven, incredibly impressed with what you've composed. You have a wisdom beyond your years.

Chris84
07-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Steven, I remember enjoying this thread last year. You have my vote.......good luck

Steven Noel
07-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I voted on my desktop. Now I have to vote on all of my other devices.

I am, as always Steven, incredibly impressed with what you've composed. You have a wisdom beyond your years.

Steven, I remember enjoying this thread last year. You have my vote.......good luck

I've been away a couple of days, but now that I'm back I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys and everyone else who has voted and continues voting. All of them count and all of them are appreciated.

waterninja
07-15-2013, 03:38 AM
beautifull pics. and nice stories. if i wasn't computer illitrate i'd vote for you.

Albertafisher
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Got my vote! I realize it's hard to get enough people to vote. But good luck and keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Steven Noel
07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Got my vote! I realize it's hard to get enough people to vote. But good luck and keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Thanks Albertafisher, it's much appreciated. I'll certainly let you know how it went.

beautifull pics. and nice stories. if i wasn't computer illitrate i'd vote for you.

Thanks Waterninja, thats' kind of you. If you're interested I could show you how to vote.

Snowdog
07-16-2013, 10:16 AM
done, very nice entry.

FishAb
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Done . I loved your entry and pics

Steven Noel
07-18-2013, 08:12 AM
done, very nice entry.

Done . I loved your entry and pics

Thank you both very much for taking the time to vote. I'm glad you enjoyed the entry.

JFK
07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Done Good Luck:)

AdverseCity
07-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Don't forget you can vote once per day, keep it up guys.

Good luck

Steven Noel
07-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Done Good Luck:)

Don't forget you can vote once per day, keep it up guys.

Good luck

Thank you two fine individuals for your votes. They are, as are all others, much appreciated.

juniorjedi
07-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey Steven,

I missed your original post with your coral lake trip. I have a trip booked late in August and looking through your pics and hearing your story has helped me plan for my trip. I've voted a few times so far and will continue to vote. Best of luck!

trashheap
07-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Nice pics and good story!