PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new bow

wolfman403
07-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Ok so its time for a new bow going to retire my old PSE thunderflite Express being as its 18 years old. Im sure many guys have asked this question but im gonna ask anyway. I have been looking at the RTS packages and am struck with the PSE Sinister and the Brute X I dont have a thousand dollars to spend so the high end stuff is out. but around 600 -700 is my limit according to the warden. Always been a PSE guy. I want to know what your opinions are on these two bows or would you go with something else for the same money. Im sure either one will be quite a step up from my old bow.

jetlynk
07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Heard more positive things about the Brute X then the Sinister. But only way to know for sure is for you to go to a shop and shoot both and see what one feels more right for you.

C.Noble
07-11-2013, 07:43 PM
While you are looking try shooting the Pse drive. I love mine

Antelopeous
07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
SPAL has some nice G5 packages for right around your price range. Very nice bows. But it is hard to switch brands once your set on one lol.

SportHuntingHelp
07-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Have a look at the quest packages.

58thecat
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I own a Jennings Sonic XLR bought it in 1994 and was pondering the same thought you have BUT I decided to upgrade arrows, broad heads, rest, release and sight for about $500 and I tell you it put new life into the old bow. Due to the improvements, lighter arrows etc she puts arrows in a five inch circle at 40 yards....even got a fifty yard pin sighted in the other day. Might want to go that route, just a thought.

north american hunter
07-12-2013, 02:01 PM
If your DEAD set on pse I would look at he brute, But if your not dead set one pse I think the bowtech assassin R.A.K package is one of the best bows on the marked for under $700

wolfman403
07-15-2013, 12:31 PM
well I didn't buy a pse but I did buy the bowtech Assassin. Shot some bows at CAC and the bowtech felt great and I liked the grip better. Changed out the rest for the whisker biscuit and shoots great. thanks to Bryan was a great guy to deal with.