PDA

View Full Version : wish us luck part 2

waterninja
07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
as posted earlier i had an oppurtunity to fish the nsr from a boat on thursday with a fellow AO member for sturgeon. like to thank some other members for tips on technique and locations, (esp. applejax). all i can say is while it was a great experiance and i will do it again anytime we had the worst luck weatherwise. everyday for past 12 days (including fri. when i'm posting this) the weather was calm and sunny in the mornings. we had a couple hours of light rain (bearable) but a huge wind came up later which was no fun. we caught wallies, goldeyes and suckers but no dinos. next time.
...met alta. agriculture at launch area and they were putting a boat in to "moniter" sturgeon. apparantly they cruise a couple deep holes and have instruments that can locate tagged sturgeon.
...at the height of windstorm a lone kayaker zoomed by where we were anchored. i'm sure he was setting some kind of speed record. lol.
edit... should have mentioned that i was very happy i was on a very sturdy and reliable riverboat.

AppleJax
07-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I was thinking of you yesterday when it was raining lol. Didn't think you would have much luck in that nasty weather. Hopefully it will calm down for your next trip. AJ

chriscosta
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
well better luck next time at least ya did catch some fish tho