PDA

View Full Version : UNREAL Halibut Day

Serengeti Charters
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Amazing day halibut fishing. All in an hr and a half as well. Decided to try out some new territory today and paid off. Limits of halibut from 35-58lbs kept, with most closer to 58. Caught and released THREE around or OVER 150lbs today as well!!!!! It was a tangled mess after the three hogs. All hitting within 5 min of each other. But what a fight and action. Guys said they've never had more fun in their lives and best fishing they've ever experienced. Kept some perfect eaters too!!!

Limited out on all lingcod and yellow eye as well. Pics to come shortly!

the local angler
07-12-2013, 08:43 PM
congrats man cant wait to see the pics

blackpheasant
07-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Congrats David...to say that you have a handle on where to find "monster halis" up there would be a huge understatement and rightfully so, I don't know anyone that has worked harder at locating them...

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-13-2013, 01:41 AM
I was at white spot for supper after doing a little fishin of my own a few guys came in that were up at port hardy fishing today we get yappin as I heard them talking fishing so I asked them where they were at , none the less I heard about a 138 lb halibut caught up there today and apparently 8 tyee's . Is the fishin really that good up there only a 2 hour drive might have to swing up there .

Serengeti Charters
07-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Not sure about who that coulda been. Maybe our guests? Our halibut today were 140, 155, and 170 approx. plus the keepers. Can't keep the biggens this year

Serengeti Charters
07-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Fishing is that good if you know the area and how to fish it. Seen a lot of DIY guys strike out more often than not.