PDA

View Full Version : Best fishing apps!

catchandeat
07-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey all :)

What is everybody's must have apps for fishing? Feel free to list any that you find useful for anything fishing/boating related.

I have the I Fish Alberta app which is great for finding reports on new lakes, hotspots and what people are using :)

I also have an app called "knot wars" which is a really useful app that lists some pretty good Loop knots, line to line, and line to lure knots.

Please add on!

huntsfurfish
07-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Navionics is good.

$15.00 bucks

huntsfurfish
07-13-2013, 10:43 PM
also have "fishing knots" its good, was free.

bwackwabbit
07-13-2013, 10:45 PM
IFish Alberta is great!

catchandeat
07-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Might be thinking of getting the navionics app after I purchase my tinner... Does it have most alberta lakes, or just the larger ones?

huntsfurfish
07-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Check on navionics site to find out what lakes are in there:)
Not all lakes are in there.

Might not have your favourite lake(doesn't have mine). But still is good. Paid $180ish for my Navionics premium chip for my fishfinder.
so
$15.00 it is worth it to me.

Rabdo
07-14-2013, 08:45 PM
i like the navionics app. need cell reception though.. good idea to take screen shots if you know you'll be on a lake without reception

Gilligan
07-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Navionics has all the Lakes that I have ever heard of in Alberta

I use it on my Iphone to id. any depth changes in conjunction with
my depth finder. Its extermely accurate . IE - find 4ft to 20 ft
drop off on the I-phone and watch the Lowrance at the same time.
BOOM ! your there......

best app ever ......

Mikezilk
07-15-2013, 12:33 PM
The navionics app is basically Hot Maps Premium. Great app for fishing.

Other than that, the AB outdoors app, and WhatKnot are good. I also spent a bit of cash on another app called YourTracks. It allows me to log onto a website and see my track. It is basically a GPS tracking app that I use for tracking my route in my truck at work, but works good for routes on a lake I want to remember.

coppercarbide
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
i like the navionics app. need cell reception though.. good idea to take screen shots if you know you'll be on a lake without reception

Assuming you have Navionics for iPhone (other versions are presumably similar, but I haven't used them).

1. Launch the app
2. Hit 'menu'
3. Green button on bottom that says "Download Map", hit it
4. Grab the blue circles around the box and position to the area you want to download (zoom in/out as required).
5. Green button that says "Download Map" on bottom left, hit it.

Voilą, offline maps you can use when you have no service!