PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Resv..

gramps73
07-14-2013, 12:49 PM
any word on the water conditions, clean, dirty, and work on floating logs...
thanks g73

Funfishing
07-15-2013, 12:23 PM
I am wondering too. But judging by the condition of the bow river, I guess it's still kinda muddy.

JaredAnderson
07-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Water is still dirty and low, lots of logs/trees floating around. They were cleaning up some of the bigger groupings of debris on Sunday.

A fair amount of boats were there when we drove past.

gramps73
07-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Thnaks for the updates guys...

Kokanee9
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Water is still dirty and low, lots of logs/trees floating around. They were cleaning up some of the bigger groupings of debris on Sunday.

A fair amount of boats were there when we drove past.

Agreed. Logs and trees scattered in the water. You would be able to do a boat, but your speed would be best if you didn't plane the boat. A lot of stuff is just right at the surface with very little showing. Harder to see if there is any wind stirring up any small waves. Water clarity is improving as time passes and is a lot better than what it was 2 weeks ago.

There would be a good chance that quite a few fish washed downstream into the res from above. It's only a matter of time before they start making their way back upstream again.

Hope this helps.

Jeff H
07-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Has any been there in the last day?

Trooper23
07-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Doing a major cleanup of all the logs and debris in the next couple of weeks, so should get better. We've stopped spilling and the lake and river are clearing up quite a bit.

I can see 2 guys down in the tail race fishing right now!

Jeff H
07-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Went there today, water is nice and clear but a lot of logs/trees/debris in the water. Didn't even get a bite.

Lornce
07-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Neighbor chewed his prop up good on a log on Ghost yesterday. Keep a sharp eye if you go out.

Kokanee9
07-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Several jetskis and about a dozen boats when i went by today. Lots of timber along the shores and also floating. High speed isn't that great of an idea in a boat there. Alot more timber up stream that still has to make its way down yet.