PDA

View Full Version : Chain lakes

Mmtobias
07-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Has anyone been down to chain lakes in the last couple of days? The Alberta Parks website says that it is open but I am wondering about the condition. I just fixed up a used motor and would like to take it out for a test run and like chain because if it breaks down you are always close to a shore, lol. I was there a few years ago when the water had flooded the parking lot and I remember that the water was full of floating logs and debris. Wondering if it's the same right now.

ÜberFly
07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Drove by last weekend and it was still mud!

Spisherman
07-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Has anyone been down to chain lakes in the last couple of days? The Alberta Parks website says that it is open but I am wondering about the condition. I just fixed up a used motor and would like to take it out for a test run and like chain because if it breaks down you are always close to a shore, lol. I was there a few years ago when the water had flooded the parking lot and I remember that the water was full of floating logs and debris. Wondering if it's the same right now.
Lots of trout and eager to take a dry. All between 10" and 10 1/8" ;-)

boroumand8
07-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Which chain lakes are you talking about?

Spisherman
07-14-2013, 10:44 PM
South of Longview.

Envitro
07-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Was just there today for the whole day.

My wife and I went out and did some fishing, and caught about 22 rainbows between the two of us (even split).

The far north end of the lake was where we caught all of them, close to the rocks to the eastern shore (right by the hazard sign). But there were tons all of ever the place according to the fish finder.

Conditions were kind of rough though... Water was muddy and choppy. Lots of debris in the southern end by the dam.

The waves still weren't big enough to cause any worries, and like you said, you're always close to shore :)