PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing Europe

tight_lines
07-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Guys i need help! I'm gonna be heading to Europe at the end of August for 3 weeks and backpacking all around. I need recommendations on places to fly fish/rivers/guides/possible even ocean fishing.

Thanks

curtis_rak
07-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Im gonna be in Europe in august as well.

What countries are you going to. I know of some spots in Czech Rep and Austria

fish gunner
07-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Its not quite that easy . Most waters in Europe are private or club water. So some home work on the areas you will be visiting will be crucial. It wont be a fine and a slap on the wrist if your in the wrong place.in most cases each water will have a day rate if the public is given access.
The UK is fishing mad so although pricey lots of stillwater access and some decent river sections to be had .
Holland, france both have miles of great canal waters pike , zander,carp to be had on the fly in most cases folks can fish three out fits so bait is the chosen method. (Check the regs as been a few yrs.) Germany, Austria,northen italy all have fantastic spots again private or club waters, some good access can be had at a price $$.
Do your home work and you will be fine, I suggest looking for a site like this in each country you plan on visiting or getting an actual phone call to tackle shops in the local areas.
Landing in a city and getting a licence and then just fishing will at least get you in hot water and at worst loss of gear.
Good luck if you are hitting the uk pm and I can give you better info.

Albertafisher
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Orlik reservoir in the Czech Republic is known for some amazing wels fishing. I've been to that res personally, but never fished it. You DO need a special license.

huntsfurfish
07-16-2013, 06:27 PM
sorry for the highjack, but does anyone know of any European tackle stores that ship to Canada? Looking for tectan line and some tackle. thanks guys, sorry OP:)

fish gunner
07-16-2013, 09:07 PM
sorry for the highjack, but does anyone know of any European tackle stores that ship to Canada? Looking for tectan line and some tackle. thanks guys, sorry OP:)

Tackle uk .com not sure if they carry what your looking for but they ship world wide.

huntsfurfish
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks fish gunner.

Had already checked it out, they didn't have what I was looking for. Ill keep trying.:)

tight_lines
07-17-2013, 02:37 PM
ya I'll be in europe at the end of august. amsterdam, parague, croatia. ya i was really wondering how the fishing restriction work. but i was thinking if i do go to go with a guide. thanks for the info guys

jeprli
07-17-2013, 10:36 PM
I can get you some good contacts for croatia and slovenia if you need some direction.

curtis_rak
07-19-2013, 09:33 AM
ya I'll be in europe at the end of august. amsterdam, parague, croatia. ya i was really wondering how the fishing restriction work. but i was thinking if i do go to go with a guide. thanks for the info guys

I made an inquiry with a local regarding fishing at Slapy Reservoir south of Prague when I'm there in a few weeks. That particular place has pike, walleye etc and you can rent a boat and motor for about $30-40 per day and no permission is needed other than a national fishing license.

I'm really considering doing it and, although the Czech Fishing Union website is confusing to say the least, the process to go and wet a line isn't all that bad.

Remember to bring your Alberta fishing license with you as they require it in the Czech Republic to get a non-resident license and you need to get a Rod License as well (kinda like our version of a WIN card)...

http://www.rybsvaz.cz