PDA

View Full Version : Getting pumped about trip

ximmix2007
08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, we head to Jasper on Sunday for a week and the highlight of the trip will be A 3 1/2 hour hike to Kerkeslian Lake. We're going in either Fri or Sat, my brother and a buddy will hike 7 km up the creek bushwacking all the way. 500 meter elevation gain, mosquitos, and very likely some Grizzlies all to get to the lake and fish for some bulls in the 35-45 cm range with a few bigger ones tossed in (hopefully). I'll bring the camera and vid cam as well because from what I hear it is just gorgeous up there. Plus will fish where the Maligne hits the Athab for some nice Bulls, caught a 4 pound one a few years back.

BigRackLover
08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
good luck and take some photos to post upon returning.

ximmix2007
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
You bet, I plan on loading up the disc on the camera, the creek has some very nice holes which we will not have time to fish, we're on a mission.

tonyflyfish
08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
the hike is easier if you follow the "beaten path" follow the cairns in the rock gardens. We did Gereldine last week and it was magnificant! Mosquitoes were not an issue but yes the bears are down eating the berries. Have fun and I look forward to the pics also. The Maligne between the lake and Medicine is open for flys and is producing very well. I am envious!!

The Anvil
08-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Snaring River is always a great place to hit for Rocky Mtn. Whites and the odd 3-4 lb bull trout.... between the two bridges near the campground all the way to the mouth at the AthaB.

Always great fishing there.