PDA

View Full Version : Langara Sept 2

goldscud
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm getting close to leaving for a salmon trip and would really like to catch some on the fly rod. Anybody ever fly fished around Langara for salmon? Got any tips on good areas and flies?

SNAPFisher
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey there!

I think I mentioned in my post a bit back to look for large bright pink as well as white with silver, blue or both. The later is likely a good bait immitation. A couple of times a reeled up on the cut plug and had a coho take it off the surface.

The two best spots I learned about for coho were in tight at Andrew's point (say in the 100-140 FOW of water range) and at the "cabbage patch". If you don't know where Andrew's point it you certainly will when you get there. It is a common spot.

The 2nd one is the better of the two and is located along the big island. Don't know if you have heard of it. It is a big kelp and weed bed that starts out from shore in about 80 FOW and all the way in. That whole shoreline along there is great for coho. Right in the cabbage patch should be good as well.

P.S. If you have GPS I have two spots I could PM you.

goldscud
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reply SNAP. My buddy carries a GPS so I would appreciate the GPS points. Feel free to shoot me a PM.
I will tie up some pink/white, blue/white and silver flies. A fourteen pound Coho on the fly rod sounds perfect.
2 1/2 weeks to go...