PDA

View Full Version : 43 Sleeps until opening ...

L.O.S.T.Arrow
07-18-2013, 10:55 AM
day here...:D Hooooya

Just got back from a 10 day Deep Sea Fishing Adventure off the Pacific Coast in BC...We drove the whole way...Problem was I saw some Big Horn Sheep, Elk, Moose and bear....

Now the fishing was outstanding with five species of Salmon, Halibut, Rock fish and even star fish , octupus and Shark..

But I think there is something wrong with me ...all I could think of was opening day of bow season...lol

Neil

keep6matt
07-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Me too!!! That is all I am thinking about, heading out tomorrow after work and will be placing up trail cams and have a good all weekend scout of my area I picked. 43 sleeps is a longggggggg time lol. I am not headstrong about taking a trophy (would be nice if that happened) however I am more excited about the pre hunt, the planning, the scouting, check to see what ventured passed the trail cams, seeing a buck come into view while rattlin on a tree stand, just the whole experience is what I am looking forward to.

SportHuntingHelp
07-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Counting the day's very excited about hunting a new area this year where I was drawn for cow moose. Than back up to Edson area to chase Elk.

moemoes
07-19-2013, 12:56 AM
I haven't made it out to my normal spot out in the mountains but i'm curious to know how much has changed in southern ab with the floods.

Sledhead71
07-19-2013, 10:00 AM
I haven't made it out to my normal spot out in the mountains but i'm curious to know how much has changed in southern ab with the floods.

From what I am seeing, lots changed in regards to the flooding... The habitat in the river is soggy, deer are actually in sage and grass where water never reached... Patterning is tough right now as they are not where they should be... Couple more weeks and hope they fall back into their regular habits..

keep6matt
07-19-2013, 01:03 PM
T-minus 42 days!

bergman
07-19-2013, 03:54 PM

Be prepared to have lots and lots of access roads changed and/or washed out. Like the whole southern half on Kananaskis is offline. If your access is on operating logging or gas leases, they will likely be repaired by the leaseholder companies, but if not, be prepared for a long wait - maybe up to or over a year, if ever. Several 4x4 seismic roads I used to travel down in Crowsnest are in that situation. They are just not a priority. I wouldn't doubt that some access roads that have been washed out will never be re-opened.

Best to go for a drive before season opens so you are not disappointed, and have time to change your plans if you need to.

Maybe someone should start a thread about which access roads are offline (?)