PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake

bullsbucksandbears
07-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Just a quick question to all the fellas up in the Cold Lake area. How's the lake trout fishing and how deep are they right now? A buddy and I are going to be in that neck of the woods for the weekend and are looking to hit Cold Lake for lakers and Marie Lake for some 'eyes. Any info on either lake is appreciated. PM me if you prefer. Thanks in advance.

canada900
07-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Im up at cold lake for the first time ever wetted a couple lines, seen alot of fish on the screen however was only able to hook into 1 small 3lbs laker. Im wondering what i am doing wrong, the weather was overcast and a touch rough. wondering where any good walleyes are at. and what the preferred way of catching them is.

I hear there are some tasty white fish, where would i find these?

any advice would be appreciated

saskpikeman
07-20-2013, 11:35 PM
was out last week (tuesday, wednsday) fish were anywhere from 60 to 110 feet, lots of fish in the 5-8 lb range, landed 80 in two afternoon sessions, not much for size unfortunately, did loose loose a couple that felt real solid though, our biggest was only 12.5 lbs, might scout out around the martineau next time out see if there are any decent sized ones over that way.

Ranch11
07-21-2013, 09:59 AM
We were out last week as well, and they were hitting at about 90 feet. Biggest was 67cm. Action wasn't that great, caught 8 in about 4 hours. We were north of PP boat launch.

bullsbucksandbears
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone. We headed out on Sat and the conditions were overcast with a bit of light rain. We were catching suspended fish at anywhere from 60-80 FOW in depths of approx 100-115 FOW. Jigging them up worked like a charm. Great trip with one of my friends. We also caught approx 75-85 walleye on Marie over the weekend. Any weekend with over 100 fish caught is a good one in my books. Looking at getting a counter for the boat like golfers have to keep track of their score.

fish99
07-22-2013, 10:24 AM
does anyone know how the walleye fishing.

canada900
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Still here had a great morning catching lakers out on cold still haven't been able to get any eyes I'm here a couple more days any advice is appreciated