PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Red Deer

bobber
08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey guys

The wife and I have friends in Red Deer and we are planning on goning there for the long weekend. My question is there and good lakes in about an hour or so of Red Deer? We are planning to take the boat as well. Thanks.

seahawkfisher
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
can't go wrong with pigeon

good luck

bobber
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Were exactally is Pigeon? I'm from the south and before that the middle east (Sask).

bobber
08-17-2008, 08:40 PM
And by the way what type of animals are in there?

Chironomid
08-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Walleye are in Pigeon. You live in one of the best located towns out there bobber, so close to the highwood it's not even funny.

seahawkfisher
08-18-2008, 07:17 AM
it's north and west of red deer on HWY 13. not sure how far north of red deer, maybe 40mins. good launch at the provincial park - great fishing for eyes and northerns right off the park (the spot will be obvious). gull and pine are closer to red deer but couldn't help you with summer fishing spots

hope this helps
cheers

bobber
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Walleye are in Pigeon. You live in one of the best located towns out there bobber, so close to the highwood it's not even funny.

Ya it is pretty good being so close to the Highwood and the Sheep. I grew up in Sask so I know and love walleye fishing. Too bad you can't keep any because they are the best tasting fish bar none. Thanks for then info, and Seahawk thanks for the directions. Looks good but are there any other lakes as well? Thanks again for the info.

Sir. Kenneth
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Pine lake is good, (see the thread about pine lake) , i have had really good luck in a few spots on that lake. Its only about 25 minutes from Red Deer. Gull lake and Sylvan are close as well but haven't fished them much in the summer. PM me if you decide on Pine i will point you in the direction of the spots i have had luck in. cheers.

sunclencher
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I have fished Buck Lake as well. Not as busy as pigion and the lake has always produced

bobber
08-21-2008, 07:21 AM
I have fished Buck Lake as well. Not as busy as pigion and the lake has always produced

Were and how far is this lake for Red Deer. I like the not so busy aspect. Thanks for the info.