PDA

View Full Version : Help with " Drive Bys "

newdrenalin
07-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm developing a bad case of the " drive bys " as of late. I was shooting about 5-6 inch groups at 60 yards and now i'll be lucky if I shoot 6" groups at 30 yards if I time it right. HELP... going on an elk hunt in 6 weeks.

savagewsm
07-24-2013, 11:03 AM
The first thing would be to check out all of your equipment of course but excluding that it my be you. Kind of like a flinch with a rifle.

You might take a day or two off off shooting then begin by shooting a 10 yards and focusing on form. Have a friend watch to see if you are flinching ( or the archers equivalent ) Just relax go through your sequence of shooting in your head and shoot.

I was at a competition a while back and I was starting poorly. There was a lovely lady shooting in the lane next to me. My sequence was stance, look at my feet, look at her butt ( which was awesome) focus on target, draw, lock, release. It worked LOL:)

I'm sure you will solve your problem and good luck on the hunt.

Lefty-Canuck
07-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Might have developed target panic or a bad case if trigger punch.....slow down your delivery and follow through.

LC

RayL42
07-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Below is what helped me:

Focus on the centre of the target not your pin.

If you are slamming your trigger try practicing with your eyes closed concentrating on your form.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Might have developed target panic or a bad case if trigger punch.....slow down your delivery and follow through.

LC

:D Agreed ...X2

Neil