PDA

View Full Version : lake minnawanka

brandon
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
has anyone been to lake minnawanke this year going there labour day weekend and was wondering how it was doing
brandon

brandon
08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
anybody fish there before

Triple Threat
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I heard the fishing is really slow this year. just hear say though.

TreeGuy
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Brandon, use the 'Search' function, as there are a bunch of threads about the lake.

Although I haven't been out this year yet (probably won't :(), I've had the best non fish catching fishing days ever. We're still rookies on the downriggers and have had lots of problems. For example, trolling the balls at 125' and running into an underwater cliff that goes to about 38' deep in about 15 yards!:tongue2:

We still have some theories, but there are some huge fish in there. Jigging the white tube jigs is supposed to be really good, and an Apex black/grey spoon trolled is another good bet from what I hear.

The lake can get really rough by times due to fast running storms working in conjunction with a 'bathtub effect' in such a long/narrow/deep piece of water. Be careful. Not a good place to ditch a boat.

Look for the cross lake geological formations and the washes where the creeks come in. We've also found that as the evening progresses, the small schools marked on sonar just get bigger and bigger as it gets dark.

Good luck man and let us know how it goes!:wave:

Tree