PDA

View Full Version : Gull ice?

WhiteWalleye
03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Going out to Gull, Off parkland Beach. I'm expecting that the warmer weather just flattened the snow on top, probably easier going than the last time I was there on family day.

How's the shoreline in the late afternoon? How much water do you have to plow through? Better yet, is the fishing warming up? On family day, my son swears he saw a whitefish :b If it weren't for the tip-up pike and my buddies lings, that would have been the worst day on the lake I can remember.

wapiti1
03-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Fished the north west part of the lake on Friday. Still lots of snow on the ice and the shore appproach was OK. Whites were no screamin H. Saw 11 fish between 9:00 am and 10:00 got 3 bites and landed one. Caught 3 perch. Go to where you see the concentration of vehicles that is usually the best indicator of where you may get some action.
Good Luck!
Wapiti1

WhiteWalleye
03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, I did get out last Saturday, terrible fishing out from Parkalnd beach at the North West tip, people leaving eraly, moving around with not much luck.

Talked to some coming out from the opposite shore, directly across Parkland Beach, they tell me they caught their limits, meanwhile I couldn't buy a white on this side.

Booted across after 4PM and holy smokes, the pike were attacking the wire worms, never seen such a thing, as if they were starving all winter and would hit anything that moved, no matter what size. Kept one 2 incher one nice ling, only one white and another bite, too busy recording to connect properly.

May go out again tomorrow, Saturday 24th or Monday with the kids (spring break) but it should be quadding all the way. A bit too much water on the trails, a 4x4 must.

If anybody gets out on the weeknd, let me know how much water there is and what the shore looks like, late afternoon.

Dewie
03-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Last weekend went to gull and slammed them. 4 of us went.
65 perch, 5 pike (All legal), 1 ling. biggest perch 1.5 lbs 15 inchs long and really fat. looked like a football. didn't make it out this weekend.