PDA

View Full Version : Lake windermere and area

Walleyez
07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Hey fellow outdoorsmen users, I'm leaving for a camping trip tomorrow. we are going to be staying at a campground at lake windermere. anyways i was wondering if you guys could give a newbie a few tips on fishing lake windermere like lures and good shore fishing spots along with some good surrounding lakes? could you tell me some decent lakes and what lures techniques to use to catch the fish? ps. will be strictly shore fishing. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!:) Not looking for anyone's honeyholes just a good place to start

Walleyez
07-29-2013, 07:53 PM
bump

tonyflyfish
07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
The drive to Whiteswan is worth the day trip. Fish from shore on south side (only road there).

bluenoser
07-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Lived there for a year fished lots. Horse thief creek is good, if your going to White sawn lake also go to the white river, which is right there. Never fished Windermere lake, There is a lake on the way up to panorama forgot name but it has some big bows. Hammered brass croc in the creeks gets them every time. Good luck.

curtis_rak
07-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Lots of posts on here for Windermere.....
Its a great lake

Kurt505
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Far south end in the lily pads with worms. Talk to the guy at the tackle shop in fairmont next to the gas station, he'll hook you up with some worms and tips.