PDA

View Full Version : home archery shop

Buckhunter,1
07-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey there guys , I was wondering on who all has there own personal / hobby job bow shops in there house or garage . i was looking into setting up my own shop for personal use or family or freinds , so i was wondering what all you guys have in your shop beside the obvious like a bow press , arrow cutter etc

russ
08-01-2013, 11:27 AM
been doing it for ages. Have a linear press, arrow saw, fletching jigs and a Medicine Stone for static tuning & sight set up.

HoytAlpha35
08-01-2013, 11:23 PM
String jig and stretchers, serving tools, various types of serving depending on application. press with Draw board built-in, Stand for paper tuning, chrono, bow scale.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-02-2013, 07:58 AM
:D Been doing the bow home shop since the 70's...then there was no one anywhere...or very few shops that even had a press...so I strated out with a press, arrow saw, and fletcher...was doing my own and over the years everyone elses...

It got to a point I was up till midnight working on everyones bows...lol
was the reason years ago I decided to open up a shop..

so watch it...lol

Seriously its a good thing to be able to do it yourself...

Neil

russ
08-02-2013, 09:21 AM
String jig and stretchers, serving tools, various types of serving depending on application. press with Draw board built-in, Stand for paper tuning, chrono, bow scale.

Oh good lord did I ever forget to mention a few things. A couple of other things that can be handy is a paper tuning stand, made mine from ABS and obviously a small target butt of some sort. A set of vernier calipers are handy too. The Chrono is an invaluable tool for tweaking. Also, I should mention that a visit to a good fastener supplier ahead of time is a life saver. Esp those small sizes. I've bought some stuff from these guys http://www.microfasteners.com/ in the past for my toy airplane stuff. Also, buy QUALITY (sorry I feel that needs to be emphasizied) hex wrenches. The crappy tire / princess auto ones will give you grief in short order. Yeah, they may $5 vs $25 or $30 from Snap-Off but when you're drill out a screw because the wrench wrecked it. The value becomes obvious pretty fast.

I'll shut up now and go back to my little corner LOL

Buckhunter,1
08-02-2013, 08:27 PM
thank's guys lots of ideas i never thought about :sign0161:

Buckhunter,1
08-05-2013, 10:53 PM
what bow press do you guys recommend , I'm thinking about either the ez press bench mount or the bow- time machine witch has a draw bored , but the vertical compression of the BTM has me skeptical.

HoytAlpha35
08-07-2013, 07:02 AM
BTM and Last Chance use the same pressing principle with the finger on limb tips. I've used the ez press and don't care for it, but if I had to use that style of press I'd go with the BTM because of the draw board feature which is such an invaluable tool for tuning. I have the Buckeye bow-a-constrictor design wise it is far above the others and you also pay for it. I feel a lot safer and more comfortable that I am not going to damage bows with it.

Buckhunter,1
08-07-2013, 01:59 PM
BTM and Last Chance use the same pressing principle with the finger on limb tips. I've used the ez press and don't care for it, but if I had to use that style of press I'd go with the BTM because of the draw board feature which is such an invaluable tool for tuning. I have the Buckeye bow-a-constrictor design wise it is far above the others and you also pay for it. I feel a lot safer and more comfortable that I am not going to damage bows with it.

ill have to check out the bow-a-constrictor thanks

Vagab0nd
08-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I found this article someplace, I think it is here. Anyhow, this guy sourced out a bunch of must have tools to make it work for under $500, I've looked at much of it online, and some of it is more expensive than when he started out. None the less it was informative and from what I gather exactly what your looking for as ideas on the "other stuff"

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/bowhunting/gear-accessories/2007/09/450-bow-shop

Buckhunter,1
08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I found this article someplace, I think it is here. Anyhow, this guy sourced out a bunch of must have tools to make it work for under $500, I've looked at much of it online, and some of it is more expensive than when he started out. None the less it was informative and from what I gather exactly what your looking for as ideas on the "other stuff"

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/bowhunting/gear-accessories/2007/09/450-bow-shop

Yea that was exactly what i was looking for thanks

Vagab0nd
08-10-2013, 06:06 PM
No trouble, I was just as excited to find it as I was to share it:)