PDA

View Full Version : Barnaby Ridge VS Rainy Ridge - Castle Area

Scott N
07-30-2013, 08:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone has been up to both of these spots to fish for golden trout? I've been to Barnaby Ridge a few times and had some luck catching goldens, but I've never been up to Rainy Ridge. How do the two hikes compare? In the past I've heard that Rainy Ridge was the better of the two for fishing, but I did have decent success at South Forks Lakes. I know roughly where the trailhead to Rainy Ridge Starts, but the trail seems a little more difficult to locate. Rather than go to Barnaby again this summer, I'd like to try Rainy Ridge... if I can find it!

lucky_magic_stick
07-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Scott I don't know how well the road/trail to Rainy Ridge made out after this flooding ! But last big flood down there knocked out the bridges also washed out a lot of the road.Have be lucky to fish Rainy many times in the late 80's early 90's the fishing was great.The last time I was down that area was 3 years ago the road in was all ingrown & I scratched the heck out of my truck ( I was able to drive a car to the trail head years ago).Then about 4 or 5 kms from were the trailhead is there's a gate up blocking access to motorized vehicles so after a 50 point turn to turn around we fished the south castle river instead. It would be abit more work to get in than just hiking from the trail head.Good luck cheers Andy