PDA

View Full Version : Floating NSR Devon to Edmonton

honu
07-30-2013, 08:57 PM
I am toying with the idea of floating in an inflatable from Devon to Edmonton.

I am fairly certain ths stretch of the river has no obstacles, but I am not fully certain how long it would take. We would of course stop a few times to fish in any promising holes, and a shore lunch somewhere.

Has anyone one this? How long does it take a half day? All day?

Thanks.

Honu

Marsha
07-30-2013, 09:10 PM
well in my tinny it takes me 2 hours to get to Devon ..
a little over a hour to get back, most people "float it" on 6 hours.. canoes can take as little as 3 hours..:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

1bluZebec
07-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Half a day(5-6hr) it usually takes us on my inflatable. It will all depend on where you are int the river, whether your in the fastest or slowest area and we usually stop on shore make a fire on the stove or rocks and cook some smokies or hotdogs. Maybe a pop or two and let the kids run around and dry off from swimming beside boat. Loads of fun just be ready for your exit and final destination where your getting out well in advance.

jaystev
07-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Plan for it taking all day. Ive drifted this section in the canoe and kayak many times mainly because its the only legal access I have to some of my favorite nsr fishing holes. Usually I launch at the bridge in devon and exit at whitemud, and nine times out of ten its getting dark when I reach whitemud. Mind you I spend a fair amount of time fishing that Mother of all back eddies about halfway down on the south bank...............

honu
07-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Great! Thanks for everyone's input, my "toying with" is a definite now!

I am looking forward to finding some good holes along the way!

yetiseeker
07-31-2013, 08:56 AM
With the river running fast still, it will take 4 to 4 1/2 hours to get from Devon bridge to the Valley Zoo take out - paddling fairly relaxed. There are definietly some back eddies and holes that are worth stopping to fish. The 4 hours is paddling time, so whatever time you plan to stop and fish will be added on top of the 4 hours paddling.

Have fun out there!!