PDA

View Full Version : Skeena salmon fishing

Dwils
07-31-2013, 03:33 PM
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago asking where the best place to buy roe was in Terrace and I got some helpful info but was told that I would need to post some pics. Here they are!

TMLhammy
07-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow man that river is on my list for sure, congrats!

Scott h
07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
It looks like you had a great time !!! How were the runs and what were you catching ?? The second pick looks like a chinook and I'm guessing some sockeye ???

Dwils
08-01-2013, 11:43 AM
the first two pics are of chinook the last one is a little pink. The runs were considered decent I think other than sockeye which they claimed was low with a zero limit on those.

We ended up catching chinook, pinks, steelhead and 1 chum. No sockeye but we never tried catching them either. There is nothing quite like a big chinook or steelhead pulling line! My sister in-law caught a really nice 38" steelhead just over 21lbs and it was torquey!

All in all a good time, the river is busy though and the boat launch has its fair share of no minds that struggle with being organized, backing up there trailer, and loading there boat. Some of it has to do with being new to running a boat and so on but I am sorry anyone can and should be organized! Other people should not have to wait to load or unload there boat because you are sitting there transfering your stuff from you pickup to the boat or vice versa.

lund17
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Nice picture's. I'm heading out to Terrance/Kitimat in three weeks for 7 days. Can't wait to get ont he water.

FisherGrrrl
08-06-2013, 10:39 AM
aaahhh I love that feeling in the middle pic. Double fist pumps :sHa_shakeshout:

marlin1
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
very nice