PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech carbon knight

Redneck Renagade
07-31-2013, 09:22 PM
I got to shoot the new carbon knight out at swamp donkeys tonight and all I can say is WOW. Fast, Light, Dead quiet. Bowtech did something right with this bow. I'm really considdering getting this bow.

Marko
08-01-2013, 03:25 PM
They look like a sweet bow. Very interested in shooting one, and possibly a hoyt carbon element.

schian
08-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Seen one out there too a little while ago, could not believe how light it is. Pretty sweet.

Schian

Bonescreek
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
What's your primary goal to hunt or to shoot target ?

montec
08-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I added it to the collection today and love it,can't wait till 2014 comes bowtech will rise again

Lefty-Canuck
08-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I added it to the collection today and love it,can't wait till 2014 comes bowtech will rise again

Congrats....should have used it to slay that ling cod on the coast :)

LC :)

NBFK
08-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I got bit by the bowtech bug. I think I will be shooting one in 2014. Not sure which one but so far the insanity and experience have my attention.

HoytAlpha35
08-01-2013, 11:03 PM
I'd wait until next year for an Overdrive Binary carbon bow then your talking plus it'll be probably be $200 cheaper than an Element

montec
08-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Why wait buy them all ,new one every year !!!!yaya the insanity is fast the experience is dead in the hand but the knight is sweet!!!

montec
08-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Congrats....should have used it to slay that ling cod on the coast :)

LC :)that was a unreal catch still waking tall with that one ,and if u want to jump on the carbon night club November is when the leftys come out !!!let me know well get u one and u even get a free hat with it !!! Unlike some other guys that sell them!!!

Lefty-Canuck
08-01-2013, 11:34 PM
that was a unreal catch still waking tall with that one ,and if u want to jump on the carbon night club November is when the leftys come out !!!let me know well get u one and u even get a free hat with it !!! Unlike some other guys that sell them!!!

I leave Saturday on my trip to the coast....hope to have some beasts to talk about after as well!

LC

ishootbambi
08-11-2013, 07:13 PM
just got mine the other day. haven't weighed the arrows, but they are 28 inch carbon express blue streak selects in 350 spine with the chrono showing a 307 average on 6 arrows.

I walked into the archery shop with the notion that I was leaving with a carbon bow. I have made the decision that if I kill another sheep it will be with a bow, so the lighter weight was a big factor. honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to leave with an element....but after shooting both. not just an arrow or two, but around 30 from each, the carbon knight won me over. the wall is rock solid and the shot with no accessories just felt a little softer in the hand. I still think the element has a cooler look to it, but the knight just felt smoother....and at about 7 ounces lighter that made sense to me too. the price was absolutely not a factor. my gear was stolen in a break in so insurance is picking up the tab.

at any rate, I picked it up while on vacation as we don't have a decent shop where I live, and I shot it a bunch at 20 yards at the campsite I was at. got home last night and got to the outdoor range here where I could get serious about sighting in. well, first I swung by the indoor range to double check paper tune, but then to the outdoor to get it all ready to hunt. I was stunned to find every pin bang on out to 80 yards. I rigged it up with a spot hogg hogg it 7 pin hunter, qad ultra rest, and limbsaver stabilizer. I was grouping 6 inches at 80 yards....so much for a light short bow being short on accuracy. im not into the 3D stuff at all....I just hunt. if I can do that im sure a real good shooter could do better.

seems to be a lot of bowtech haters around here. not sure why....especially when they haven't even shot one. oh, and my last bow was a Mathews reezen....and as I said, I thought I was buying an element. I have no real hard brand loyalty.

Lefty-Canuck
08-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Congrats ISB! Welcome to the dark side :)

After I picked up my first Bowtech (Destroyer 350) I am a believer.

LC

Hunter
08-11-2013, 09:51 PM
just got mine the other day. haven't weighed the arrows, but they are 28 inch carbon express blue streak selects in 350 spine with the chrono showing a 307 average on 6 arrows.

I walked into the archery shop with the notion that I was leaving with a carbon bow. I have made the decision that if I kill another sheep it will be with a bow, so the lighter weight was a big factor. honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to leave with an element....but after shooting both. not just an arrow or two, but around 30 from each, the carbon knight won me over. the wall is rock solid and the shot with no accessories just felt a little softer in the hand. I still think the element has a cooler look to it, but the knight just felt smoother....and at about 7 ounces lighter that made sense to me too. the price was absolutely not a factor. my gear was stolen in a break in so insurance is picking up the tab.

at any rate, I picked it up while on vacation as we don't have a decent shop where I live, and I shot it a bunch at 20 yards at the campsite I was at. got home last night and got to the outdoor range here where I could get serious about sighting in. well, first I swung by the indoor range to double check paper tune, but then to the outdoor to get it all ready to hunt. I was stunned to find every pin bang on out to 80 yards. I rigged it up with a spot hogg hogg it 7 pin hunter, qad ultra rest, and limbsaver stabilizer. I was grouping 6 inches at 80 yards....so much for a light short bow being short on accuracy. im not into the 3D stuff at all....I just hunt. if I can do that im sure a real good shooter could do better.

seems to be a lot of bowtech haters around here. not sure why....especially when they haven't even shot one. oh, and my last bow was a Mathews reezen....and as I said, I thought I was buying an element. I have no real hard brand loyalty.

Congrats on the purchase. I am not brand loyal either. I love my Invasion. It is my 2nd Bowtech.

sureshot
08-11-2013, 09:56 PM
What's the price on the knight

schian
08-12-2013, 10:58 AM

i've got no issue with bowtech, they're awesome bows and shoot well!
just couldn't bring myself to buy the assassin (every other one of theirs was out of budget) as a friend of mine already had one, so i went with a hoyt charger instead which felt just as good as the assassin.
when i'm looking for a new bow in a few years i'll definitely be looking at a bowtech.

congrats ISB, those bows are crazy light!

Schian

Lefty-Canuck
08-12-2013, 11:29 AM
What's the price on the knight

I think around $800 depending where you buy.

LC

manosteel
08-12-2013, 02:05 PM

What poundage you shooting?

I was thinking along the same lines as you for next year, Hoyt but now you've peaked my interest in the new carbon knight.

BootScoot
08-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Geeeez, i love my bowtech guardian, but i think im gonna have to pick me up one of these carbon knights for next season

north american hunter
08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I shot the carbon knight, nothin fancy about it

ishootbambi
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I replaced a whack of stuff so I got a bit of a discount on the whole lot.....I think I ended up around 750 for the bow....about 300 less than the Mathews that was stolen.

I have it at 66 pounds out the door so there is room to go up if I choose. back at work now and never did get to weigh them arrows.

like I said, I had the element in my head when I walked in but the knight won the shootout. if nothing else my insurance company will be pleased. :)

now with an archery antelope tag on deck and a November booked elsewhere I will be setting my sights on a whitetail at home this year....not to mention a september sheep trip and an antlerless tag....and maybe even a little time to chase them dummy mule deer..... im guessing this bow will lay down a whole lot more critters this September than my last bow did the entire time I owned it....

ill try to get a pic up of the whole set up. it has a pretty mean look to it and geez louise is it light to carry. ill try to get it on a scale too for a final complete weight.

montec
08-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Yaya it's a tack driver and love the shirt

montec
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I think I like it better the my experience!!! Actually I do !!! its tricked out to76lbs,hits like a black knight...........

diamond k
08-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Where would you guys recomend going to shoot one ( Black Knight) within a couple of hours to Edmonton.

montec
08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
wholesale sports north edmonton (carbon knight)

Zuludog
08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Swamp donkey has them too.

diamond k
08-18-2013, 10:59 PM
In the past week I have shot just about every brand and several models of each. I had it in my mind that I was buying a Hoyt and the Element or a spyder was at the top of my list. I had to try the Carbon Knight and really wanted to hate it and just buy my Element and be happy. Well Boys I am the proud owner of a New Carbon Knight and for my it was not even really close. Never thought I would be a Bowtech owner but I have been drug over to the dark side. For anyone thinkingof a new bow you really should give this one a go.

BowHunt182
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
They sure are nice

waterninja
09-05-2013, 11:53 PM
love reading the reviews of bows on this site. i'm still lugging my martin warthog (wood) but next season hope to upgrade. can't wait for the comments next season on which is the best bow for up to 1000.00.

brohymn2
10-15-2013, 09:48 PM
was just reading on archerytalk the carbon knight is gonna be the replacement for the assassin and the price is going to reflect that

BowtechBoy
10-16-2013, 01:01 PM
My SEXY!!

Lefty-Canuck
10-16-2013, 01:04 PM
was just reading on archerytalk the carbon knight is gonna be the replacement for the assassin and the price is going to reflect that

They just released the Carbon Rose, a ladies carbon bow.

LC

manosteel
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
So after a hunting season with the carbon knight what are the thoughts of people who used them? I am considering this bow b/c of its light mass wieght, shoulder injury from last summer has me cringing at my 4+ pound bare bows after only 30 arrows. Need to go carbon this year to keep shooting as much as I like.

Lefty-Canuck
01-05-2014, 12:30 PM
I would think the draw weight and draw cycle of the bow would have more to do with aggravating your shoulder than the weight of the bow.

Less than one pound dead weight would make much difference IMHO.

LC

npauls
01-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I am interested in possibly picking up the CK as well. I may have to look into one over the next few months after bowtech releases their new bow line up this coming week at the ATA show that starts tomorrow.

I am not usually a guy that looks at the top end bows other then to see how they look. I am more of a mid range bow guy that likes to find the best performing bow for the money that suits my crappy form and shooting. I think 7+" brace height is a must for me.

Lefty-Canuck
01-05-2014, 02:56 PM
I am interested in possibly picking up the CK as well. I may have to look into one over the next few months after bowtech releases their new bow line up this coming week at the ATA show that starts tomorrow.

I am not usually a guy that looks at the top end bows other then to see how they look. I am more of a mid range bow guy that likes to find the best performing bow for the money that suits my crappy form and shooting. I think 7+" brace height is a must for me.

I think the new bows release tomorrow.

LC

npauls
01-05-2014, 03:01 PM
I think the new bows release tomorrow.

LC

Ya I will be keeping an eye online all day tomorrow to see what new models they come out with and the specs on those bows. I am a fan of the shorter ATA bows with the 7+" brace height so the carbon knight fits the bill for me. I still have to shoot one but I am thinking it should shoot just fine.

I really like the looks of the 2014 pse bow madness xp but am a littler nervous about the 6.5" brace height on it.

diamond k
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I really like mine and will be hunting with it for at least another year. I prefered it over the Carbon Element.

ULTRAlite
01-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Ya I will be keeping an eye online all day tomorrow to see what new models they come out with and the specs on those bows. I am a fan of the shorter ATA bows with the 7+" brace height so the carbon knight fits the bill for me. I still have to shoot one but I am thinking it should shoot just fine.

I'm excited to see what Bowtech has in store for this year as well. Tomorrow is the big day... I highly doubt I'll be shooting any of their flagships but it's always cool to see what they will come out with next. Hopefully this years unveiling wont be as cheesy as last years lol... I'm thinking I'll have a carbon knight in the near future as well.

baptiste_moose
01-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Just picked one up and all I can say is wow. A rock solid back wall and a smooth valley. Haven't shot it yet though. It's awaiting a set-up. I can't wait!!!

Alberta Bigbore
01-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Im trying to decide between a Carbon Knight, Experience, and a Mathews ZXT

diamond k
01-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Your welcome to meet up or come out to the shop in Fort Sask to shoot my CK.

npauls
01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I have to drive up to Calgary to shoot the CK but may have to make a trip in the next couple months with a pocket full of money and shoot some bows.

I will hit up Jimbows and see what catches my eye and feels the best to shoot within my budget. I am really hoping the CK is at the top of the list after shooting a bunch but am pretty open minded when it comes to trying new bows.

Hannie
01-05-2014, 11:42 PM

I just bought a CK…haven't done much with it but so far so good.

manosteel
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I got a chance to shoot this bow yesterday for the first time. This bow is light, and I mean light. The draw cycle was extremely stout, ramping up its weight in the first 1/3rd of the draw. You can tell you are pulling 70lbs. It is also fast! Maybe it felt fast because I wasn’t expecting something so small and light to be that fast but boy did it get the arrow to the target lighting quick and with a nice thump at impact. I have no doubt with proper tuning that this bow could meet its IBO rating.

The “wall” is extremely solid and the 80 percent let off was nice to fall into; it seemed like I could hold for as long as I wanted and the bow didn’t feel like it was going to jump out of my hand. It points nice and held ok but it could be helped with a stabilizer.

For how light it was it seemed pretty quite but there was a noticeable buzz feeling and slight lower limb kick out after the shot. I also was not a fan of the grip, or general texture of the bow. It feels less refined than other top end offerings.

At $589 for a bare bow and $689 with the RAK package I don’t think you could go wrong with this bow at that price, a real bargain. Probably the best bang for the buck bow I have ever come across.

Is it for me? Maybe, I didn’t fall in love with it and I still prefer my MR7 both in draw and feel (but it is heavy considering what is out there, a full pound + heavery than the Carbon Knight). I will be shooting the Hoyt Carbon offerings in the next few weeks and I just saw today that bowtech came out with the Carbon Overdrive.

Hannie
01-06-2014, 09:51 PM
I got a chance to shoot this bow yesterday for the first time. This bow is light, and I mean light. The draw cycle was extremely stout, ramping up its weight in the first 1/3rd of the draw. You can tell you are pulling 70lbs. It is also fast! Maybe it felt fast because I wasn’t expecting something so small and light to be that fast but boy did it get the arrow to the target lighting quick and with a nice thump at impact. I have no doubt with proper tuning that this bow could meet its IBO rating.

The “wall” is extremely solid and the 80 percent let off was nice to fall into; it seemed like I could hold for as long as I wanted and the bow didn’t feel like it was going to jump out of my hand. It points nice and held ok but it could be helped with a stabilizer.

For how light it was it seemed pretty quite but there was a noticeable buzz feeling and slight lower limb kick out after the shot. I also was not a fan of the grip, or general texture of the bow. It feels less refined than other top end offerings.

At $589 for a bare bow and $689 with the RAK package I don’t think you could go wrong with this bow at that price, a real bargain. Probably the best bang for the buck bow I have ever come across.

Is it for me? Maybe, I didn’t fall in love with it and I still prefer my MR7 both in draw and feel (but it is heavy considering what is out there, a full pound + heavery than the Carbon Knight). I will be shooting the Hoyt Carbon offerings in the next few weeks and I just saw today that bowtech came out with the Carbon Overdrive.

He basically described the reasons why I bought the CK

BigChevy
02-18-2014, 07:44 PM
I picked up a Carbon Knight yesterday because I've heard nothing but good about the bowtechs for a couple of years now. I have been shooting APA's for the past few years and am a big fan but I'm open to try this super light bow!
First thing I did was put on a Spot Hogg SDP sight and tried to put on a QAD rest but found that there wasn't enough adjustment to centre it with the string, I've also tried an Apache Mini rest and ran into the same problem.
Has anyone had these same issues or am I doing something bass akwards!??

Hannie
02-19-2014, 03:08 AM
I have the QAD HDX and had no issue.

Knot Rite
02-23-2014, 12:55 PM
You guys really have me curious on the ck. :thinking-006: I want to get a new bow soon, it just sucks being left handed,:sign0176: maybe an out of town trip is in order. I'm not into tournament shooting as I would use it strictly for hunting.

Bobby

Lefty-Canuck
02-23-2014, 12:58 PM
You guys really have me curious on the ck. :thinking-006: I want to get a new bow soon, it just sucks being left handed,:sign0176: maybe an out of town trip is in order. I'm not into tournament shooting as I would use it strictly for hunting.

Bobby

I know WSS North Edmonton had a couple of LH Carbon Knights, taken to Blake or Kevin.

Edit: I see you are from the South I would contact Jimbows in Calgary.

LC

Knot Rite
02-23-2014, 01:10 PM
I know WSS North Edmonton had a couple of LH Carbon Knights, taken to Blake or Kevin.

Edit: I see you are from the South I would contact Jimbows in Calgary.

LC

That would be real sweet. Calgary is only 3hrs away. Thanks for the heads up.

Bobby