PDA

View Full Version : first time going to upper an lower k lakes

prodogg02
07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
are gas engines allowed? second can you launch a 17 foot lund in there . i called and asked an yhey didnt know if gas engines are allowed .

Duramaximos
07-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes, and yes! :)

Was there last weekend. The winds can pick-up quickly so be safe. Don't forget your camera. Encountered a sow and 2 cubs at 50 yards when pulling the boat out of the lower lake. Be bear aware!

prodogg02
07-31-2013, 10:28 PM
ok sweet thanks :-) .

FisherPotch
08-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Be sure to give your camp a good check before heading out. We were there four or five years back for a week. Missed a loaf of bread on the back seat of the picnic table on our last morning. The park guy or co there took a bunch of our gear and left us a note. $170 or so for the ticket over a loaf of effin bread. And it was an honest mistake we cleaned up our camp before heading out. we just didn't see the bread cuz it was on the back side of the table. Needless to say we never went back! Guy was a real arse about it too, in order to find that bread he must have been snooping around purdy hard. Many camps much worse than ours, we talked around and no one else got tickets. He took several hundred dollars worth of our gear so we were screwed too.

prodogg02
08-01-2013, 09:57 AM
sounds like the co that was at cross lake last year lol. didnt know you could get a ticket for leavn some bread out .crazy .next thing you get one for snoring like a bear at night lol

huntsfurfish
08-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Properly stored food is important.

It affects the bears as well as people.

Buck Krazy
08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Yup just happend to me at canyon campground by the lower lake! A tub of margarine in a tote was all it took. My pregnant wife freaked out cuz we had nothing to cook with.... He came back with 2 other rangers and started a huge confrontation about my dog. Pretty much just laughed at them and told them they were a joke to give me my fine and beat it! They actually tried to search my truck and tent! Bunch of rude $&"holes! Fishing sucked.

prodogg02
08-01-2013, 05:10 PM
search your truck for what food . iam stayn in a tent wth would i put food if not allowed in vehical .think ill just go else where seems like to much hasstle

Buck Krazy
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
No they were looking for guns cuz i used my pal as id. Just a bunch of goofy wannabes. I also had my pitbull with me.

prodogg02
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
oh ic .so food in your vehical is ok?i dont wana drive 600km just to get buncha fines lol

Mudslide
08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Lots of Grizzly Bears in K country. Leaving food out just endangers everyone. I remember fishing Upper K from our boat and watching a mother Grizzly and two cubs walking the shoreline while we could see people were walking the path just up the slope from them which goes around the lake. Scary!

Xiph0id
08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Be sure to give your camp a good check before heading out. We were there four or five years back for a week. Missed a loaf of bread on the back seat of the picnic table on our last morning. The park guy or co there took a bunch of our gear and left us a note. $170 or so for the ticket over a loaf of effin bread. And it was an honest mistake we cleaned up our camp before heading out. we just didn't see the bread cuz it was on the back side of the table. Needless to say we never went back! Guy was a real arse about it too, in order to find that bread he must have been snooping around purdy hard. Many camps much worse than ours, we talked around and no one else got tickets. He took several hundred dollars worth of our gear so we were screwed too.

You got your gear back I assume?

Xiph0id
08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Yup just happend to me at canyon campground by the lower lake! A tub of margarine in a tote was all it took. My pregnant wife freaked out cuz we had nothing to cook with.... He came back with 2 other rangers and started a huge confrontation about my dog. Pretty much just laughed at them and told them they were a joke to give me my fine and beat it! They actually tried to search my truck and tent! Bunch of rude $&"holes! Fishing sucked.

What was the problem with the dog?

blackmamba
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
we got fined by the wonderful co up there this winter because my dog wasn't on the leash while we in our ice shack ice fishing ... zero tolerence he tells me ... they have lost all respect by me .. 115 bucks so be warned to have your dog leashed at all times ..