PDA

View Full Version : Launching at Cold Lake

fishn4fun
08-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Never launched at Cold Lake before and just wondering where would be best Provincial Park or the marina in town. I will be launching a 20 ft pontoon boat, do they charge at the marina.

Teamprotz
08-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Yes , i here they charge at the marina and park is free.

fishn4fun
08-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes , i here they charge at the marina and park is free.

Thanks PP it is

overparr
08-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Becarefull launching your boat at the park for some dumb reason they have posts attached to the outside of the dock that will scratch the hell out of your boat. Why they are there I will never know. Otherwise great place to launch your boat

Ranch11
08-01-2013, 09:22 AM
10 bucks at the marina, the PP launch is actually pretty nice. But as said, watch out for those friggin posts!

CBintheNorth
08-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Becarefull launching your boat at the park for some dumb reason they have posts attached to the outside of the dock that will scratch the hell out of your boat. Why they are there I will never know. Otherwise great place to launch your boat

They are there to mark the giant steel tire underneath.
The wheels sit on the outside of the dock.
If they weren't there, people would complain about backing their trailers in to the wheels. I still see people take out their lights on the tires. Have a look down beside the posts and you'll see all the red plastic laying in the rocks.

fishn4fun
08-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys we will be carefull

skidderman
08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
If it's windy the boat launch at the park is a nightmare and no place to tie the boat up. After being there a few times I will joyfully pay to launch in town. They even helped me load the boat when I was by myself. Trust me, after you hit your 50,000 boat on the steel dock, 10 bucks seems like a bargain. One guy there had a brand new top of the line lund and put a big dent in the side, 1st trip. I asked the warden if they could not put a few used tires on the steel but his response was and I quote, (It's easy to buff out scratches). I thought of something else but I kept my mouth shut. Complete idiot.

fishn4fun
08-02-2013, 06:40 AM
If it's windy the boat launch at the park is a nightmare and no place to tie the boat up. After being there a few times I will joyfully pay to launch in town. They even helped me load the boat when I was by myself. Trust me, after you hit your 50,000 boat on the steel dock, 10 bucks seems like a bargain. One guy there had a brand new top of the line lund and put a big dent in the side, 1st trip. I asked the warden if they could not put a few used tires on the steel but his response was and I quote, (It's easy to buff out scratches). I thought of something else but I kept my mouth shut. Complete idiot.

Are you allowed to use the slips at the marina if you launch there

Pixel Shooter
08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Marina is MUCH nicer. $8 don't cheap out lol. If you launch before 8 am it's free.

keep6matt
08-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Marina is MUCH nicer. $8 don't cheap out lol. If you launch before 8 am it's free.

100% agreed!

Teamprotz
08-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Watch the gap between the pads at the PP.