PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever fished the Devon lakes in banff?

DevinC
08-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Planning a fishing/hiking/camping expedition into Banff with some friends. We are looking at places were we can "random" camp. Devon lakes is one of the area we are considering but haven't found much info on fishing there. just wondering if any of you have fished there or in the lakes close to the Devon Lakes.

Thanks

Fishfinder
08-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Devin at Devon eh. Sorry cant help ya with your Q but if your willing to go a bit further for some great fishing and free "random" camping I have 3 words my friend.
:)Forestry Trunk Road:)
not sure if you've ever been, Rivas n streams n fishies everywhere.

DevinC
08-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the response fishfinder. Aha i know when i saw the name of the Lakes I though it might be a sign aha. I have heard a lot about forestry trunk road on this forum, and I will try it one day if I get the chances. But my friends are coming from Ontario, and want to get into the mountains. Correct me if I am wrong but from what I gathered Forestry trunk rd is in the foothills. But I appreciate the help, and you commented on my other post as well, thanks for that as well.

shunda2
08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
These lakes have been closed to fishing for many years. There is no such thing as random camping in the mountain federal parks. This kind of information is available.

DevinC
08-01-2013, 12:16 PM
You are right, the information is available but sometimes you need to look harder eh

Closed Waters

Castleguard River - that upper portion of the river located in the Zone I - Special Preservation Area
Cave and Basin marsh system
Fish Lakes - the two Fish Lakes nearest campsite Mo 18
Forty Mile Creek - vicinity of the water intake reservoir
Lake Agnes
Luellen Lake - outflow stream from fisheries' boundary markers, downstream to the confluence of the outflow stream and Johnston Creek
Marvel Lake - downstream from line formed between fisheries' boundary markers to confluence of Marvel and Bryant Creeks
All tributaries and associated lakes in the Clearwater and Siffleur River systems, excluding Isabella Lake

Didn't see Devon lakes

Also I guess you didn't look at the map of camping in Banff. I see large areas of Random camping.

This kind of information is available....

McLeod
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Devon lakes no longer has any fish as Parks Canada has spent hundreds of thousands fo dollars removing fish from the lakes for prof schindler so the bug population can expand.

Yes there is random camping in that part of the park..
There are other lakes with fish way in the middle of no where..

DevinC
08-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Okay thank you! Thats to bad about the fish though

shunda2
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Devon Lakes is in the" Clearwater river system"

McLeod
08-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Devon Lakes is in the" Clearwater river system"

Yes it is.. where you implying something ?