PDA

View Full Version : What Bow?

Tyssen77
08-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I've decided I want to get a Bow recently for the upcoming hunting season but my problem is that I have no knowledge when it comes to what Bow to buy. Any suggestions would be a help and if you could tell me of a place in Edmonton that would be a good place to buy one would also be a big help, Thanks.

north american hunter
08-01-2013, 04:41 PM
I've decided I want to get a Bow recently for the upcoming hunting season but my problem is that I have no knowledge when it comes to what Bow to buy. Any suggestions would be a help and if you could tell me of a place in Edmonton that would be a good place to buy one would also be a big help, Thanks.

If your wanting to save money and still get a great bow, bowtech assassin or pse bowmadness 3G are great bows

Antelopeous
08-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Sherwood Park Archery Lanes. They have great people and great service.

jetlynk
08-01-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.huntersfriend.com/compound_bow_selection_guide.html
These guys give you lots of good info on selecting a bow. But the best advice of all is go out and shoot some you like in your price range at your local shop and pick the one that feels best for you.

Riverbc
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Go to an archery shop. Have them show you the proper form for shooting a bow. Then shoot lots of bows...see how they feel to you. See what shoots best for you.

Wesr
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Like above. Go shoot as many different bows as you can and let the bow choose you. You don't have to break the bank to get a great set up just an FYI.

If you're in Calgary I've heard that jimbows is the place to go and have heard nothing but great thing about their shop.

If you're in the edm area either Sherwood park lanes or trophybook in spruce grove

I always try to support local shops over the big box guys. Not saying they don't know their stuff, but my choice and opinion

Good luck. Let us know what you get

nsherman72
08-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I have also been looking into archery, how do you guys feel about Bear? I heard that their quality has gone down recently but that they are trying to regain their reputation. My old man has an old bear and it seems to be pretty sturdy. Any opinions?

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
:D Mission by Mathews make lifetime warrenty, high quaility bows for the money and monies from sales go to a great cause...

Neil

Nait Hadya
08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Perhaps start with a bow that has a lot of adjustability, such as the diamond infinite edge or the bear outbreak?