PDA

View Full Version : Looking For an Update on Slave

Pikes"R"us
08-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has been up to slave lake lately? I'll be headed up there in a week to stay at Shaw's Point Resort and do some fishing, eating, drinking & enjoying the fresh air. Taking my two younger brothers, a couple of their friends and our father up. Last time we were up there was a couple years ago. I've heard some good reports about the lake this year & I was just wondering if anyone has been up there lately. How's the fishing ( walleye, jack & perch ) preferably over on the NW end of the lake. We have our usual spots that we'll be fishing. Any info is appreciated! :fishing::fishing:

Cheers!

KN12313
08-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Grab a lake map from the resort. Look on the northside of the lake. Where you see the contour line running close together fish up and down those break lines for walleye, fish on the top part of those contour lines for pike and some perch. If you don't have a 18' plus boat don't cross the lake (north to south) if you think the wind is going to come up and if you have that many people in one boat. I have been on that lake when the wind comes up, 6' wave in the middle, I had to drive between the wave crests in a 18' boat. SAFETY FIRST!!!

Bobby B.
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM
My BIL owns a cabin at Marten River. My wife and I just returned home from a visit. The BIL and I launched out of the boat launch at Slave River. Mostly we fished from the mouth of the river up towards Devonshire Beach. We enjoyed 2 days of about 40 fish per day per fisherman. Most walleye were in the usual 45 cm range. However, on Saturday, we caught, and released, a 55cm, a 56 cm, and a 59 cm walleye.

Sunday, the wind was up a bit and moving from one spot to another in my 14 Canadian Laker was slow going. Boat speed was reduced to about 10 mph as we did not want to get soaking wet. I do believe there's a 17 or 18 ft. Lund Pro V in my near future.

Bobby B.

JigginJefferson
08-05-2013, 10:55 PM
This time of year I would go out into the main lake just west around the point out of Giroux Bay and fish 14'-25' of water. I usually bottom bounce around until I find em then sit and jig. Just look for all the boats. But like the other guys said be very wary of wind. You can always fish in the bay but it's better in the main lake this time of year.

wmw9
08-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Was there all last weekend. Fishing was solid throughout, especially good Saturday just before dark. Look out from the Marina there will be a ton of boats parked around the point. We had the best luck by going about 200ft past the boats. We fished in 11-13ft of water and did really well. Other boats at the filleting shack told us it was slow.

Oh they were hitting better on leeches.

Also F&W checked us both Saturday and Sunday so make sure not to forget your license in the truck.